Chapter 3

'What have I gotten myself into' Akihiro thought as he sat in his car on his way home from school. He had promised the Ouran Host Club to meet them in music room number 3 tomorrow. Jun, Akihiro's driver, had noticed his masters weird mood, but didn't say anything.

When he came home to the manor, Akihiro changed clothes to something more comfortable then the school uniform, and sat down in his office. He hadn't really expected that school would be so tiring, but he had no energy left. Unfortunately Akihiro didn't have much of a choice. He had to work now, or he'd only make it easier for Mayao Fujimoto's plan to take his place as head of Yamazaki Inc.. So that is what he did. He worked. Forgetting everything else; school, socializing even the host club. Hours went and Akihiro was now so tired he had trouble keeping his eyes open. Not many moments later, Akihiro fell asleep on his work desk in his office.

While he was asleep his main maid, Miya Hattori, knocked on the door. "Master dinner has been prepared." she said. She listened for the little grunt her master usually made when confirming that he had indeed heard her, but it didn't come. She knocked again, but when she didn't get an answer, she opened the door, only to find her master sleeping peacefully. She closed the door as quietly as she could, she smiled and left her master to sleep.

- the next day -

Akihiro groaned as he woke. He was a bit confused at first, trying to figure out where he was. His glasses hung a bit from his nose. He placed them properly on his face. 'I fell asleep while working' he thought. His stomach growled. 'right, I didn't eat anything last night' he thought, annoyed.
Akihiro did his morning rutine slowly and with greater difficulty then usually. He ate by himself again today, and met with his driver Jun outside by the car. "Morning, love" Jun greeted, while Akihiro normally found Jun's flirty behavior rather funny, today he just glared at his friend. "Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, huh?" He teased. Akihiro groaned. They drove to school, and Jun succeeded in making Akihiro in a little better mood.

Akihiro hurried to his classroom, hoping he could relax a bit before the lesson started. Unfortunately for him, faith had other plans. Akihiro were greeted by a pair of energetic, ginger twins. He had almost forgotten about the twins and Haruhi being in his class. "Morning" Akihiro greeted them. Akihiro was about to sit on the same seat he had yesterday, when the twins dragged him towards their seats. "No you don't" they said in unions. Haruhi gave Akihiro an apologetic look. The twins made Akihiro sit beside Haruhi, which just happened to be the seats in front of the twins.

Akihiro had to admit that he quite enjoyed sitting with Haruhi and the twins. They had managed to make him laugh a couple of times. Their little group had gotten a lot of attention through out the day. Rumors had started that Akihiro was indeed a new member of the host club, which many girls seemed very excited about.

After school the twins, Haruhi and Akihiro walked towards music room number 3 together. They opened the door to see their fellow club members sitting comfortably in a couch talking to each other. As soon as they saw them they smiled welcoming.
Honey ran towards them, or more specifically towards Akihiro. "You came, Yama-chan!" He exclaimed happily. Akihiro wasn't keen on admitting it, but he found the little 3rd year very cute. In response Akihiro smiled. "You know, we're friends now. You don't have to use my surname, Honey" He told his senpai. Honey beamed. "Aki-chan!!" He said, sounding so happy, that Akihiro had a hard time containing himself. "aw, you're adorable, Honey!" Akihiro found himself saying. Which made both Honey and Akihiro blush a bit. Akihiro hadn't meant to say it out loud, and laughed a bit embarrassed.

The twins came up to Akihiro, one on each side of him. "You're cute, when you are embarrassed" They whispered in Akihiro's ears, making him blush a little harder.

"Oh, well. So, back to this host-thing. How does it work?" Akihiro asked looking at the group in the couch. Kyoya cleared his voice. "In about half an hour, the girls will come. They request a host, and then it's the host's job to entertain his clients." Kyoya explained. Akihiro thought he understood it. "Oh, that makes sense. I guess."

- half an hour later -

"So Akihiro, why did you join the host club?" One of Akihiro's guests asked him. He smiled at her, which made her blush. "I don't know, really." He laughed nervously. "My parents died when i was still very young, and I've known for years that I was going to be the head of their company, so I was homeschooled, and taught how to run the company. I've never really had any friends, so joining the host club makes it possible for me not only to make friends within the club, but also meet you beautiful ladies." The ladies who had heard his little story had tears in their eyes, and so did Tamaki.
"So you don't want to be the head of your company" another asked. Akihiro's eyes widened. "Oh, no. I love working in my parents company. I don't remember that much about them, but I know how much they cared about both me and the company. It makes me feel closer to them. " Akihiro hurried to tell the girl, who looked even more touched by his story.
"You're just so sweet, Akihiro!" Another girl at Akihiro's table exclaimed. "Not nearly as sweet as you my princesses." He said, with a closed eyed smile, making the girls squirrel.
"Em... Akihiro, Is it okay if we request to sit with you again?" The girls asked Akihiro as their time with him was up. For just a moment Akihiro's eyes widened before he relaxed and smiled "It would be my absolute honor, if you would come and visit me again, ladies!"

Hosting hours were over and Akihiro was very tired now, but not to forget that he also were quite happy.

"You did very well today, Yamazaki-kun" Kyoya said to him. Akihiro looked up at him, as he were still sitting at the table. "Thanks, but I meant what I said to Honey for all of you. Please don't feel obliged to call me by my surname. We're friends now!" Kyoya's eyes widened. He looked away a little in embarrassment. "As you wish, Akihiro-kun" he said. Akihiro wanted to tell him that honorifics weren't necessary, but he didn't though, he just smiled at Kyoya.
"That reminds me; did you greet your brothers from me?" Akihiro asked almost laughing. Kyoya looked at him curiously, and then nodded at him. "Indeed. Would you mind telling me, how do you know my brothers?" He asked. Akihiro smiled. "Your family does business with my company. Your brothers have been to a couple of meetings with me." He said in a happy voice. "And that wouldn't happen to be Yamazaki Inc., would it" Kyoya asked him. Akihiro chuckled "you're right on the money, Kyoya-kun!" He said.

"Yamazaki Inc., really? that's so cool! right, Takashi?" Honey said happily. Mori nodded at the small boy. "Yamazaki Inc? I think I've heard about it before. What do your company do, Akihiro-kun?" Haruhi asked. I smiled at her. "We specialize in scientific research development." Akihiro told Haruhi, who nodded at the answer.
"oh, by the way Haruhi..." Akihiro started saying catching everyone's attention. It was obvious that Akihiro didn't know how to tell Haruhi what he wanted to tell her.

'could it be... a confession!?' the hosts thought.

"I know it's non of my business, but what are a girl like you doing in a host club?" Akihiro asked. Haruhi chuckled lightly, while the rest of hosts were both relieved and shocked. "Well, it's kind of a long story, but I'm impressed you found out so quickly. When did you figure it out?" She asked. "Yesterday, but I didn't want to assume since you are wearing the male uniform." Akihiro told her. She just laughed a bit and smiled at him.
Kyoya cleared his throat. "We would appreciate if you didn't tell anyone of Haruhi's secret." He said. Akihiro smiled at them and nodded.

Akihiro could already feel himself beginning to relax more around the host clubs members.
It had been a long but good day for Akihiro.