GENNA

PASADENA 1992...

"You said she drove here on her own?" Julian asked the young intern working with him. She just alerted him to the presence of a woman who was sitting in her car crying because she was in too much pain to get out by herself."

"Yes, doctor."

 "Where did she park?"

They walked up to the exit and she showed Julian where the lady's car was parked. "It's that blue Volkswagen Jetta over there."

"Okay, get me a wheelchair, please. Let's go and help her."

They walked over to the car and Julian knocked on the window before she rolled it down. "I'm Dr. Rodriguez, I'm a trauma surgeon. My colleague here told me about you. We're here to help you. Can you get out on your own?"

"No," she sobbed. "It hurts too much." She looked up to Julian who gazed at her with empathy.

"Okay, we'll help you and take you to E.R. but you need me to help you out of the car, can you do that?"

She nodded. "Yes."

Julian opened the door and carefully helped her out of the car, but she was in so much pain that she cried like a baby the moment Julian pulled her out. "I'm sorry sweetheart." He closed the door of the car and locked it before he pushed her to E.R. It was when they were inside that he noticed just how badly she was injured. He carefully helped her onto the bed and helped her to lie down. "What's your name?"

"Genna...Genna Tate."

"What happened?"

"My boyfriend and I had a fight. He's the overly possessive type. He threw me against the walls and beat me with a hammer before he dragged me to the balcony and pushed me over the rails."

Julian stared at her shocked. "He threw you off the balcony?"

"The second floor yes."

 "And you got in your car and came here all by yourself?"

"Yes...I had to get away...I couldn't stay there any longer. Please, I need a restraining order or he's going to kill me," she said sobbing.

"Oh my goodness...okay, before I do anything else, I'm going to send you for x-rays and a CT scan. I'm not going to take any chances, seeing you're in so much pain you could barely get out of your car."

She nodded. "I need someone to stay with me. I'm scared," she replied sobbing.

Julian and the intern looked at each other and nodded. "I'll stay with her doctor. I just need a hand to push her to radiology then you can go and do your rounds."

"Okay Dr. Rodriguez."

Julian was sitting next to the radiologists looking at the image of the CT scan on the computer. He indicated on the screen what he saw. "She's has a mild concussion, considering she fell two stories far. No signs of bleeding on the brain."