The Call

Ali's POV

My alarm rang right in my ear. By the time I'm at the end of the year, I'll be deaf. Ahh the end of my senior year, sounds nice. I can finally get out of this hell hole called Cali high school.

I walked over to my closet and grabbed a grey t-shirt, old baggy jeans, and a red and green flannel. I buttoned up the flannel and grabbed my large glasses from my nightstand. While French braiding my hair, I walked into the bathroom and got out makeup. Yes, I do wear makeup, but only to hide my scars and bruises. Once I finished, I grabbed my bags and books.

Debating whether to eat or not, I ran downstairs. I passed my kitchen and walked out the door. Before I could my dad stepped in front of me. I could smell the stench of alcohol mixed with cigarettes in his breath. I gulped and looked into his eyes. He was towering over me. We made eye contact for one second before he spit at me." Where do you think your going you worthless nerd. Trying to escape me?" He said while stepping towards me." No-o." I said timidly." No what?!!" He yelled right in my face." No s-sir!" I said as toughly as I could muster.

"That's my girl." He smiled an evil and awful smile.

"Now move." He said as he pushed me.