Chapter Forty-Four

-(y/n)'s P.O.V-

Wow, this week sure has gone by fast. It's hard to believe that it's already Friday evening. It feels like this week has gone by so quickly.

"Well, I must be off for my job." Gladion said.

"Okay." I said.

Gladion nodded, before exiting the house.

... I wonder... Just what is Gladion's job...?

-Gladion's P.O.V-

After exiting the house, I headed towards Team Skull's hideout.

Though I'm not sure if they'll still let me back, after the stunt I pulled last time.

-Flash-Back-

"Guzma, we need to talk." I boldly said.

"About what?" Guzma asked.

"You aware of a girl named (y/n)?" I questioned.

Guzma thought for a moment, before laughing.

"Yes, I know her. Multiple grunts have told me about how they love bullying the little cry-baby. What about her?" Guzma explained.

"I want you-No! I'm demanding that you tell everyone to leave her alone!" I demanded.

"And what if we don't?" Guzma asked.

"I'll expose Team Skull's hideout." I threatened.

"You really think you can threaten me?" Guzma questioned.

"I don't think I can, I am." I boldly said.

Guzma snarled at me, before sighing.

"Very well. But expect some major punishment coming your way." Guzma said.

I frowned, before nodding, and walking away.

... I hope this is worth it...

-End of Flash-Back-

It seems like Guzma has kept his word so far. As far as I can tell, no one's bullied (y/n)... But still... What does Guzma plan to do as 'punishment'?

When I did arrive, I was let in as usual, as if nothing had happened.

Odd.

Once inside, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned, to face Plumeria.

"Need something?" I questioned.

"Boss explained your situation, and I'm the one giving you your punishment, so no need to be so offensive pretty boy. Just come with me." Plumeria said.

I nodded, before following Plumeria to a secret room of the hideout.

"This job will take two days, just so you know." Plumeria explained.

"That won't work." I said.

"Why not?" Plumeria asked.

"I have a... Thing happening tomorrow." I said, trying to not reveal that I have a date the following day.

"Well, too bad. Boss said this is what you have to do, so... Sucks to be you." Plumeria said.

I frowned.

I have to get out of this somehow.

"We'll be going undercover to this rich person's house, and staying the night. Then, we'll wake up the next day, and steal this person's newest treasure; a jewel said to grant your ever desire." Plumeria explained.

"Why not steal it tonight?" I questioned.

"Because, security is much heavier at night. Not so much in the day." Plumeria explained.

"Then why not wait until the day-time? Why must we stay the night?" I questioned.

"Because, this rich person can't resist helping homeless children. I hope your acting is still top notch." Plumeria said, before pulling out a few 'homeless children' costumes.

I sighed.

Here we go.

***

"Here's your room, Gladion." A butler said, before opening the door to my room.

"Thanks." I said, before entering.

"Just let me know if you need anything." The butler said, before leaving.

Once I knew that he was gone, I rushed to the window.

Crap! I'm on the second floor! How will I escape now?

I sighed, only to finally learn that there's a tree right next to my window.

Idiot!

Quickly, I climbed out of the window, slid down the tree, and made a run for it.

I'm sure this will cause me some trouble with Team Skull, but for now, I don't care!

***

"So, how was the... Why're you in those clothes?!" (y/n) asked.

"Good. As for the clothes. I... Had gotten my clothes dirty, and had to use these extras." I lied.

"Okay? Well, for a minute I thought you weren't coming back. It's almost three in the morning you know." (y/n) said, before yawning.

"Sorry." I apologized.

"Well, I'm going to bed. Night." (y/n) said, before leaving.

I followed suit, and went to bed, and slept.

... I hope everything turns out alright...