Chapter Nineteen

-Gladion's P.O.V-

... I can't believe it... (y/n)... She's been through so much... And yet... She's so kind... Perhaps my first evaluation about her way wrong... About her being weak.... Perhaps she's strong... Just in a different way...

"I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I don't have any memories about my dad, since he left us before I could get to know him." I said.

"I'm sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking... Why did you leave your family?" (y/n) asked.

Can I trust (y/n) with my past? Should I be so willing to trust?

"Well, I-"

We then heard the honk of a car. We both headed outside, to see a familiar car. But where have I seen it before?

"That's my mother's car. Let's go get the boxes." (y/n) said, before heading back into the apartment.

I followed (y/n) back in, to collect all the boxes.

***

"There's the last one." Mrs. (y/l/n) said, as she closed the trunk of her car.

"Thanks for your assistance." I said.

"Anytime. Let's head into the car, and go back to home base." Mrs. (y/l/n) said, before getting into the driver's seat.

I got in the seat right behind the driver's seat, while (y/n) got into the seat right next to her mother's.

"So, what did you do while waiting for me?" Mrs. (y/l/n) asked, as she started to drive towards to her home.

... And I guess my new home as well...

"We just talked." (y/n) stated.

"About?" Mrs. (y/l/n) inquired.

"... My dad..." (y/n) whispered.

"... That man is a demon, (y/n). You shouldn't call him your father." Mrs. (y/l/n) said, as we approached the house.

"Understood." (y/n) said.

"Well, here we are. Let's get your room set up." Mrs. (y/n)'s said, back to her usual cheery self.

I nodded, before exiting the car, and heading to the back.

Mrs. (y/l/n) opened the door, and we began to carry the boxes inside.

"Your room's going to be the one across the hall from (y/n)'s." Mrs. (y/l/n) explained.

"I'll lead the way." (y/n) said, as she led me to my 'room.'

When we entered, I was actually quite surprised.

... I didn't think I'd get such a nice room...

It wasn't the largest-sized room, but it had enough room for a queen-sized bed, a cabinet, a table next to the bed, as mall closet, and a door which I learned led to the bathroom.

"I know it isn't much, but it's the only room available." (y/n) explained, as she put a box down.

"It'll do just nicely, thanks." I said.

"Well, I'm going to go get the rest of your things. How about you start unpacking, and see what will fit in here." (y/n) said, before leaving.

I then opened the first box.

.. This is going to take a while...

***

Well, it took 1 ½ hours, but the room is finally starting to look like home.