Robb Stark x Lannister!Reader - Hate On Me

Start from the beginning

Even inside the safety of the tent, you could still feel the glares of the Northmen. To every man in the room, other than your betrothed, you were a traitor and nothing more; you would never be anything but a Lannister to them. "We have to get my sisters to safety. What's our plan?" Robb asked them all, bringing some attention away from your shaking form as he took a few steps away from you.

"Perhaps we should discuss once your betrothed has returned to her chambers, Your Grace." The glare that Robb sent his Bannerman sent a shiver down your spine, there was so much hatred in it that it would have terrified you had it been turned on you.

"Anything you have to say to me can be said in front of (Y/N), Lord Karstark," he growled out, holding the mans gaze for longer than seemed friendly.

"Fine. You are blind to the traitor right under your nose, and all because she has tits and a cunt-" Lord Karstark began, causing you to bite your lip as you stared at your feet. He was not able to continue as Robb slammed his hands down on the table that sat between them.

"Hold your tongue or I will take it from your mouth myself."

"She's Lannister filth," Lord Karstark paused, spitting in your direction, leaving a globule of his spittle at your feet before turning back to Robb.

"I said hold your tongue," Robb told him through gritted teeth, his hands balled into fists at his side as he glared at the man.

"Get rid of your Lannister whore or I'll take my men elsewhere," Lord Karstark spoke before turning on his heel and walking from the tent, followed closely by his guard. Robb made to follow him out of the tent but was stopped when he felt your hand on his shoulder, turning you back to him.

"Leave him be," you muttered lowly, gesturing to the men behind him and allowing him to turn back to them.

"You're all excused, we'll meet again this evening." Once the room had been vacated Robb came back to your side, turning you to face him and staring into your eyes. "He shouldn't be able to treat you like that," he whispered to you, running his palm gently across your cheek.

"He's concerned for your safety; I'd be worried if he wasn't," you told him, shaking your head as you thought. "Perhaps I should go and speak with him, I still have the letters from Cersei about your father."

"You'll do no such thing. You'll not be going anywhere in this camp without me, or one of my guards, present," Robb muttered to you and you sighed in response.

"If I don't speak with him he'll continue to spread foul ideas about me. If people suspect me of murder and treachery they'll not accept me as their Queen, Robb. I must do this myself," you told him with a soft smile.

"If he lays a finger on you," Robb started but you cut him off with a small chuckle.

"If he tries to harm me I'll kill him myself." Robb smiled at that, giving you a quick kiss before pulling away and leading you to the exit of the tent.

*Time Skip*

You took a deep breath as you stood outside of Lord Karstark's tent with your sister's letters clutched to your chest. "Lord Karstark," you started before taking a step forward and pushing back the material and clearing your throat. "Could I please speak with you?" you continued only to be met with a grumble.

"What do you want?" His voice was thick and gruff as many of the northern men you had met but he seemed more quiet than usual.

"I have some letters I would like to show you. Letters from my sister," you told him, taking another step into his chambers. "I promise you Lord Karstark, I knew nothing of Lord Stark's fate. I begged her to protect him and she told me she would do what she could to keep him alive."

"You're a good liar," the man grumbled, gesturing for you to come and sit opposite him, his dagger resting in the centre of the table.

You moved across the room and sat in the seat he had indicated, placing the folded parchment down on the scratched wood of the table, pushing them forward so that they were within his reach. Lord Karstark continued to stare at you, not moving to accept the letters. "I love Robb, Lord Karstark, and Eddard was always good to me when I was fostered at Winterfell. I don't want to hurt them, I never have." The man's eyes left you then as he picked up the letters from the table, unfolding the first of them.

(Y/N), it read, I am already aware of your fondness for the Starks, you needn't remind me of it each time you write. I will ask Joffrey to allow Eddard Stark to pledge himself to the Night's Watch. He will be no threat there and he'll still be alive. But Joffrey has become somewhat uncontrollable and I hold no certainty that he will agree to the terms. You'll be in danger in the North if he does not take my counsel, should anything happen you must have a retreat planned. You are always welcome in King's Landing. Cersei Lannister.

You watched his eyes flit from the page to your face. "I am still here, Lord Karstark, and I don't plan on leaving. This is my home and I owe the Starks a great deal. I had nothing to do with Lord Stark's death." He nodded slightly as you shifted in your seat.

"I believe you." The room fell silent for a moment before Lord Karstark spoke again. "But if anything happens to Robb I'll hold you accountable."

"Thank you," you told him with a small smile. getting swiftly to your feet and giving him a small curtsey before turning on your heel and walking from the tent only to collide with Robb's chest. "Were you spying on us?" you asked him, your mouth hanging open in disbelief.

"I was just making sure you were alright." He gave you a gentle kiss before moving towards the entrance to Lord Karstark's tent. "I must speak with him about his behaviour earlier today," he told you.

"Be kind," you ordered, your voice soft but scathing. You were well aware of Robb's temper when it came to his bannermen, and the Karstarks would be no exception. "He understands that what he did was wrong," you added with a small smile.

"I can't make any promises," he muttered, pulling you close again for another soft kiss. "I love you, and no one gets to disrespect you," he added as he pulled away causing you to smile up at him.

"I love you too, Your Grace," you answered before pulling away and giving him a wave as you retreated back towards your own tent.

*Time Skip*

Despite Lord Karstark's acceptance of your innocence, many of the other soldiers were wary of having you so close to their King. Robb would keep you tucked under his arm and as tight to his hip as he could get you, not allowing you out of his sights. But this only seemed to make matters worse.

You began to distance yourself from Robb as you traveled, walking as tall and upright as you could as you wandered through the makeshift camp. If they were going to stare you would have to give them something to stare at. When you would catch men glaring you would smile softly and give them a small wave, which would often cause them to huff in disgust and storm away. It felt like you were winning, even though most of the men hated you for something you hadn't done. You were killing with kindness.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x