Petyr Baelish X Sister!Reader - Good (Requested)

"Y/N," your brother's voice rang out softly from behind you, shocking your eyes away from the blood staining the sand that dusted the floor of the jousting yard. You quickly tore your eyes away from the dying man with the wooden spear buried into his throat spilling his life blood, to look up at Petyr in question, finding him sitting on the bench behind you. "These fine young ladies are Sansa and Arya Stark, and their Septa, this is my younger sister Y/N," he spoke to you all, gesturing for you to come and sit beside him.

"It's lovely to meet you," you smiled at the girls as you climbed up the extra level of benches and seated yourself quickly. "I'm sorry if  I'm not too chatty, My ladies. The gore of tourneys doesn't sit too well with me," you told them, leaning to look at them across your brother with a kind smile on your face.

"It's not that bad." Arya gave you a toothy grin as she spoke, laughing at your less than strong stomach. "It's only a bit of blood," she added as she pointed at the dead body that was now being cleared from the sights of the Lords and Ladies.

"I'm sure it doesn't phase a strong woman like yourself," you told her with a smile as she beamed at your comment, obviously happy to not be considered just a child by you. "What about you Lady Sansa, do you enjoy the tourneys?" you asked her and she turned to face you.

"It's like in the stories, but I don't really like the blood," she told you and you nodded in agreement, thinking for a second.

"You know, I've heard rumours that you are to be our next Queen, so you should get used to being a tourneys. They're common in the capital and it's always expected that the King and Queen will make an appearance," you uttered, watching as her look of boredom turned into a large smile.

"I'll bare that in mind, Thank you, Lady Baelish," she spoke softly to you and you could see your brother smiling over the two of you.

"Please," you told her with a chuckle. "Call me Y/N, everyone else does," you told her and she nodded enthusiastically in agreement.

You had always been someone who read people well. You knew exactly what to say and when to say it in order to bring everyone happiness. Petyr told you it was a good gift to have, though he thought you used it for the wrong reasons, wishing for you to be a little more manipulative in order to gain your house more power. You were already known to be one of the most well loved Ladies in King's Landing, and even the Queen had shown that she had a bit of a soft spot for you, smiling at you when she saw you at feasts in the capital.

Of course, this didn't come without problems, and you had found yourself with a broken heart many times before. You gave out your friendship and care too easily, something Petyr always warned you about, and many people found it easy to take advantage of that, though they always came to regret it. Petyr was a fiercely protective older brother, and though he may not have been anything special with a sword he knew people, and he knew how much those people loved you. You had once come across one of your old flames being threatened by Sandor Clegane whilst your brother watched on in amusement at the squealing boys terror. You had scolded them both before sending him on his way with a fleeting apology. These problems had scared you away from romantic relationships, much preferring to receive affection from your family and friends rather than the men who fought for your attention, only to be told to move along.

"Lord Baelish, I didn't expect to find you with my daughters," a man's voice came from behind the lot of you, causing you to come back to reality with a bump. You span in your seat to see Lord Stark waiting for a space to be cleared for him to sit with his family.

"Lord Stark," your brother greeted with a slimy smile, shuffling you both along to create a new seat for the Hand of the King. "This is my sister, Y/N," he introduced the two of you and you bowed your head with a smile as the Hand's eyes met yours.

"Nice to meet you. I've heard good things from the rest of the small council," he told you and your smile grew bigger, as you laughed.

"They've been quite taken with me since I took them some food during one of the longer meetings. I couldn't have my big brother starving now could I?" you laughed and he joined in.

"Maybe I understand their love for you, the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach," he joked back and you simply smiled wider.

"It is indeed," you chuckled before rising to your feet. "Can you excuse us for a moment? Petyr and I have something we need to discuss," you told him and he nodded before turning to look at the jousting that was just restarting. You pulled Petyr away by his elbow, stopping once you could no longer hear the clashing of lances against armour.

"I was quite enjoying that, what did you want to talk about?" he asked you and you raised your eyebrows at him.

"What is your angle with Lord Stark's daughters?" you questioned, your hands on your waist as you waited for him to answer.

"Why does there have to be an angle, can't I just be nice?" he inquired, and you shook your head.

"No. You can't just be nice, you're always after something," you uttered and you saw the hurt flash across his face as he flinched at your words, you started to feel guilty as you watched him.

"It's nice to know you think so highly of me. Can I go and finish watching the jousting?" he asked and you nodded, looking at the floor as he walked away from you.

"Petyr?" you spoke before he had finished walking away. "Don't hurt their family, please. Those girls deserve to be happy as much as you and I, and Eddard is a good man," you told him and he scoffed.

"You have no idea how naive you are, do you?" he laughed as he spoke, walking back over to you and causing you to flinch away. "You think everyone is good, but they aren't, and the sooner you learn that the better off you'll be," he muttered and you shook your head.

"You're wrong," you paused for a second considering your next words. "I don't think everyone is good, I think you're looking out for only yourself and that you don't care who you hurt, and I'd never dream of considering that good." You watched as his smirk became a glare and then how it turned to hurt. You had never had to speak to him that way and you hated it. He quickly turned on his heel and stalked away, back to the tourney, leaving you alone.

You soon found yourself drifting back to your chambers, shutting the door lightly behind you and leaning against it as you realised how cruel you had been to Petyr. He was your brother, the only family you had left, and you had responded like a bitter old woman when he criticised you. You knew he would be hurt for a while, he always was when you bickered, but you had never argued like this, you had never been so mean and hurtful to him before.

A few hours later, the guilt was still consuming you, so you decided to go for a walk. You had only made it a few feet when you bumped into your brother, both of you looking a little shocked as you saw one another. He quickly span to walk away but you caught his arm, gently turning him back to you.

"Petyr." You hesitated in your speech, thinking of what to say. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean what I said before," you told him, allowing you hand to fall from his arm so that he could look at you properly.

"But I am a horrible person," he whispered and you shook your head as you pulled him into a hug.

"Not to me you're not. You're the sweetest man, you just need to show that to everyone else," you murmured, his head buried into the crook of your neck as you held him close to you.

"I want to," he uttered, his voice hardly above a whisper as he pulled away from you, his eyes turned to the floor, avoiding your own.

"Then I'll help you," you stated, smiling when he finally looked up, "I don't think anyone could argue that I'm not a good person," you told him and he chuckled at you.

"You are too good, it sickens me," he joked as he ruffled your hair, laughing as you slapped at his hand, and scrunched up your face in exaggerated disgust.

"And you'll be just like me when I'm done with you," you chuckled and watched as he started to smile again.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x