Theon Greyjoy x Baratheon!Reader -

Standing at the alter was an altogether surreal experience. You were shifting uncomfortably in front of a hundred or so strangers. Your mother was smiling up at you softly from the crowd. You had your Father's family genes, unlike your siblings. Hair as dark as tar and eyes the colour of rich, dark chocolate. A typical Baratheon, through and through.

But being the King's daughter didn't exactly help your love life. In fact, you were almost certain it hindered it. You weren't what you would call normal royalty, though you did share your mother's powerful voice and manipulative personality. You were much less ladylike than the Lords and Ladies of King's Landing would have liked.

A month before your betrothal, you had been caught in Flea Bottom by one of your father's guards. You had been going to take some food for an orphan boy you had met the week before when you ran smack into the man's chest. Of course, he marched you straight back to your father's chambers.

"What were you thinking?" he bellowed at you, your mother standing quietly behind him, her face shielded by her golden hair as she kept her eyes on the ground. "You could've been hurt; killed even," he continued, his arms flailing wildly as he yelled in your direction.

"Father, I'm sorry," you uttered softly, when he finally paused in his explosive outburst. "I didn't think it would be a big deal," you added, causing him to let out a sharp laugh.

"That's your problem, Y/N. You never think," he spat at you, watching as you to flinched at his words. He had yelled at you before, but you had never seen him so angry; not at you, at least. "You will learn to behave yourself and you will grow up," he growled at you, turning to your mother. "And you will find her a match who will keep her in line. Now get out, both of you," he spat again, slumping down into a wooden chair, that creaked under his weight.

"Father, no. Please," you begged, moving towards his desk, where he simply glared up at you.

"Do as you are told and get out of my fucking chambers," he exploded; lifting his desk off of the floor slightly as he leapt to his feet in anger and causing you jump backwards in shock. You stood in silence for a moment, tears coming to your eyes at you stared at his red, puffy face.

"Y/N, listen to your Father," your mother told you softly, placing her hand on your shoulder and turning you to lead you out of the door.

"I hate him," you yelped out, the tears spilling over as the door closed lightly behind you, leaving you to crumble into your Mother's arms as you wept.

"It's okay, my sweet. I would never send my little girl to a bad husband," she cooed, tears in her own eyes at the thought of losing her first-born child to another family.

*Time Skip*

It had been assumed, by yourself and your siblings, that your father would never keep his promise to marry you off. But a few days later, your mother had approached you as you sipped tea, alone in the gardens. Her face was set in a grimace and you were sure that this would be your final goodbye as she settled into the seat opposite you.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I tried to tell your father no, but he wouldn't listen. He has made the final decision himself," she told you, her hand reaching to rest on top of yours lightly.

"Who is it?" you asked quietly, slipping your hand out from under your mother's to place them, folded, in your lap.

"I'm so sorry," she murmured again, pulling a sheet of parchment from her sleeve and sliding it across the table to you, allowing you to read it.

"Your Grace,

We would be honoured for your eldest daughter to be married to our Ward, Theon Greyjoy. Thank you for this opportunity.