chapter 2

OH MY GOD! THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT! #41 ON TEEN FICTION AND #470 ON THE ROMANCE LIST!!! wow, I never thought that would happen! so thank you all so much! so... for a big thank-you I have posted this early! and instead of waiting once a week the updates will be relying on your feedback! so if you like this chapter, or want to read more, please vote! as soon as I reach 30 votes and 15 comments (one comment per person) I will post the next chapter.

I have also dedicated this chapter to my best friend Therealyellowwiggle who has supported me and has helped me improve my writing. I love you Matt!

so I hope you enjoy as you get to know the characters a bit deeper. 

~ ~ ~

I looked at myself in the mirror as I brushed my teeth, taking in my appearance. My big green eyes had lost the sparkle that they had only two days ago, my freckles that I hated reared their ugly heads as I couldn’t be bothered putting my usual make-up over them.

Spitting out the foam in my mouth I ran down the stairs, grabbing my bag off the floor and sitting on the porch steps, waiting for Callie. Callie was the kind of girl who was always late, if there was a medal for being late constantly; she would win it, multiple times.

I grabbed my headphones and shoved them into my ears, drowning out the world around me as I waited. A few minutes later Callie rocked up, honking her horn loudly. She had just gotten her P plates so she was really obnoxious, as she always is.

“hurry up Fluff Butt, I need to see Brad, it’s clobbering time,’ Callie punched her left fist into her right palm and smiled as I jumped into the other side of her white Ute.

“Callie, I told you last night, there will be no ‘clobbering’ of any sorts, ok?” I made my fingers do quotation marks around the word ‘cobbering’ and she laughed, her long blonde hair swishing from side to side at the action.

Driving to school she turned up the radio as she gasped. “I haven’t heard this song in like 6 years!” she started singing along badly to the likes of Jesse McCartney and half way to school she had dragged me into singing it as well.

We pulled up to the school, laughing like hyenas and grabbing our bags.

“You have maths first up right?” Callie asked, her perfectly shaped eyebrow rising a few centimetres on her forehead.

“Shit,” I groaned, Brad was in that class, and he had no idea that I knew. “I forgot about Maths,”

“Did you want to skip class? We can go and get some McDonald’s, I would kill for a bagel,” Callie rubbed her stomach like a five year old and smiled at me, concerned that I might have to spend the next hour in a class with the boy who broke my heart.

“No, it’s ok. I have to face him at some point right?” I asked, wishing that I didn’t.

“True,” Callie paused for a few seconds before continuing.

“Besides, you’re a strong, independent black woman who don’t need no man,”  I laughed as Callie bobbled her head from side to side, clicking her fingers in front of her body. Thank god I have a best friend like Callie; I wouldn’t know what I would do without her.

The bell rang suddenly, signalling that the students had five minutes to get to class.

“I’ll text you when I’m out of class ok?” Callie grabbed my arms securely without hurting me and I nodded.

“Don’t let that douche bag get to you, you deserve better than him ok?” Callie looked deeper into my eyes and I nodded again, not even daring myself to argue with her.