Kiss Me

A new story! I will be uploading this once a week, with chapters about this length.  it has not been edited, as I am looking for a editor, if you are interested please inbox me. this is the only story I will be working on until I get it finished, hopefully I will be able to put it into the Watty Awards, however... if I feel like this story isnt going as well as I would like it to be from now and the next couple of chapters I will remove it. so if you enjoy it please vote or comment, it would mean the word to me :) 

***

A moving truck pulled into the house I was running past, a teenage boy, around my age jumped out of the back and was staring at me. I didn’t care; I just needed to get away from here. I pushed myself further, my feet pounding against the floor. The thunder cracked and plundered above my head, the feeling of rain beginning to fall and soaking into my skin made me slow down and begin to take in my surroundings.

I had reached a lake, surrounded by trees. Breathing heavily I sat down next to the lake, grabbing a small rock and throwing it into the lake.

The water rippled as the rock broke its calm demeanour. I stared at my reflection, tears sitting on the rims of my eyes, threatening to roll down my face. I roughly wiped my hands over my eyes, smearing my eyeliner across my cheek bones. The once small droplets of water poured from the sky, creating small ripples in the lake before me. The water soaked into my skin and I sighed loudly, running a shaky hand through my thick black hair. I soon found myself staring into my reflection.

My eyes were a brighter shade of green than usual, surrounded by smudged eyeliner and mascara. My many freckles hidden behind the smears of make-up, I didn’t care what I looked like right then, I didn’t care about anything.

“Why?” I asked my reflection softly before crying out louder, “WHY ME?” I screamed, not caring if anyone heard me, or thought I was dying. I was confused, I was lost and I was hurt.

I grabbed tuffs of grass and began pulling them out, screaming like a mad woman and cursing like a pirate.

I let out one more agonising scream before diving into the lake, wanting to stop the tears from falling and stop the pain. I held my breath, squeezing my eyes tight. Suddenly I felt two strong hands grabbing my around the waist and pulling me out of my watery coffin.

Reaching the surface I came up spluttering, my chest moving heavily and my lungs burning. The owner of the hands turned me around so I was looking into their chocolaty brown eyes.

“Are you insane? Why the hell would you just jump into a lake in the middle of winter? Do you have a death wish?” my mouth gaped open, who the hell did they think they were, yelling at me for trying to clear my head.

“Excuse me?” I asked my throat sore from all my screaming.

“You heard me! What happened for you to be like this?” the boy looked at me with care in his eyes, his hands were placed firmly around my waist, as if to keep me from diving into the lake again.

I was about to tell him when I realised that I barely knew him, I didn’t even know his name.

“It’s none of your business,” I stated firmly, all of a sudden realising how close we really were.

“Oh, okay, sorry I interrupted,” he spoke sarcastically, a hint of anger twisted into his words. He took his hands off my waist and turned, heading towards town.

“Wait!” I shouted, making my feet follow him. He stopped and turned around, his hands on his hips.

“What?” the boy responded rather harshly. A twinge of guilt ran through my body. After all I was awful to him after he jumped into a lake, in the middle of winter thinking I was trying to kill myself.