Together We Are One

Start from the beginning

I watched Eva as she called them. She didn't tell them that I was there, too.

"Okay done" she smiled.

"Okay" I sighed.

Eva was looking at her mirror, fixing her hair and her make up a bit, since Liam is going to be here and I was just sitting on her bed thinking of what I should say, but I couldn't decide wether I should be my usual cold self in order to show that I can make it without him, which is a huge lie, or should I be desperate and weak? I don't know...

A knock on the door made my jump out of bed because of my nervousness. Eva gave me a look and she went to open the door. I let out a big sigh to calm down my nervousness as I heard their voices coming closer to the bedroom and then I saw Liam's figured followed by Louis' entering the room.

"I didn't know she would be here" Louis said with disgust and I was ready to cry.

"Louis!" Eva and Liam said in unison. He gave them a look and then he sat on the chair in frond of Eva's desk.

"So...me and Liam are going to another room for a while. You stay here and talk" Eva said and she grabbed Liam's hand as they quickly ran out of the room, despite Louis' protests that made me want to cry.

As the door closed, I could feel the tension in my bones. I knew I would be the one that speaks first so I'm gonna do it.

"So...how have you been?" I asked.

"Good, I guess" he paused. "How about you?"

"Not so good" I said.

"Why?"

"Many things, but the worst one is that I lost you" I looked him in the eyes but he turned his face.

"Well, I'm not gonna say that this is your fault, even though it is, I'm just gonna say that I don't know if we can be the way we were" he said harshly and I was a step away before crying.

"I missed you" I said and the first tears rolled out of my eyes.

"I haven't" his words killed me, it was like I could actually feel the pain in my chest as I heard that.

"You're lying! You can't just not miss me, we've been best friends for so many years, you can't just throw them away!" I said loudly between sobs.

"You're the one who threw all these years away" he said, completely unaffected by my tears. Under other circumstances, everytime Louis watches me cry, he always hugs me until I stop.

"Stop blaming me for everything. We both made mistakes"

"I haven't. Falling in love with you wasn't a mistake. And if it was, then it was my favorite mistake" he said.

"Louis...I...I really don't know what to say. All I know is that even if it's been a while, the tears still burn in my eyes. I lost my best friend and I don't even know what I did. All I want is for things to work out again. Our conversations, our dreams, our jokes....But you let me go with so much ease. You left even though you promised you wouldn't, and I still don't know why. Just explain me! What did I do wrong? I miss you" I kept crying, but Louis seemed to be hurt too, but he wasn't speaking. He just came closer to me and he hugged me tight. I kept crying on his arms, but this time it was because of relief. As we were hugging like that Louis decided to speak.

"Do you know how much it hurts me? Seeing you everyday while I'm in love with you and you being with someone else?" Louis whispered.

"I know. But do you know how empty my life is without you?" I said.

"I know because mine has been the same" he said and I smiled and hugged him tighter than before.

The rest of the afternoon was quiet. We played board games with Eva and Liam, we ate pizza and generally we had fun. I had missed that, being with my best friends without caring about the rest, just like the old times. Apparently, Zayn had changed my life in many ways.

Also, I decided that next morning I'd call that Leo guy from the club to discuss about the story he wants to write about us.

Zayn's POV

"What the hell are we going to do with her?" I asked Harry. We went at the woods, next to the cliff, where I always go with Alice, because we needed to talk. It was dark and cold but it doesn't matter.

"I have no idea" he plainly said.

"She will try to talk to Alice. I have to keep her away from her"

"Yeah, you should. And she's going to hit on me again" Harry said.

"Of course..." I said. "What if she tells Alice what I've done?" I asked him. It's scary to know that the biggest bitch knows your deepest secret. It's like giving a baby to hold a nuclear bomb.

"I don't fucking now" he shouted and he took a sip from his beer. I did the same and then I light up a cigarette.

None of us was talking because we didn't know what to say actually. This time I was scared, not only for the prison they'll take me to if Mary tells them what I've done, but for Alice's reaction. She'll hate me and that's beyond devastating.

And then, out of nowhere the sound of a voice that I hate, was heard.

"Hey boys"

I turned around and it was Mary, wearing a black lace shirt, which was allowing us to see her stomach and bra, and skinny jeans. The only think I coud think when I saw her was how much better Alice would look in that. Mary's unexcersiced body can't be compaired with Alice's fit curvy body.

"How did you know we'd be here?" Harry asked her.

"We all used to hang out here, so I figured you would be here smoking and drinking, as always" she winked.

"Yeah and we were just leaving" I got up from my position, followed by Harry.

"Not so fast" she smirked.

"What do you fucking want?" Harry asked her.

"To stay here with you" she said and she went closer to Harry.

"Will you ever stop this stupid thing that you come here for no reason, claiming that we need to talk and then saying absolutely fucking nothing?" I shouted.

"Fine...But you guys aren't fair with me either. I came here to see you and you nearly beat the shit out of me" she said and I rolled my eyes. "And I had something important to tell you..." she pout.

"What?" Harry asked irritated.

"It's about Alice" she said and my heart started beating faster.