46. Kiss Me Better

Start from the beginning

Anthony sighed and took his clothing on as Francisco turned his back towards us. My eyes shifted from Anthony to Francisco as the scene went up and I tucked the blankets further up towards my chin. Anthony locked his belt and swung his shirt over his head. "You can turn around now," he said.

Francisco turned around with his arms placed firmly on his chest. "Now, let's leave and give Nina at little time to dress," he said awkwardly, not daring to look over Anthony's shoulder and over at me. Anthony glanced back at me, as I stood from the bed, the blankets covering my nude body.

"Cisco, wait," I said, stopping them both in their moments.

"What is it?" Francisco asked, not turning to look at me.

I bit my lip. "I'm sorry you should see this." I gulped, helping my heart calm down as much as possible.

"No problem, I had seen it coming. Just close the door next time, will you." I could feel both their smirks.

I shook my head violently, this was too awkward. Anthony sighed and walked out, so only Francisco and I were left. "Please don't tell anyone about this."

He sighed deeply. "Of course, I understand," he said before walking out the door and leaving me alone.

I threw myself on the bed again, my eyes gaze at the ceiling.

"Shit," I mumbled to myself. "Are you sure this is real, Nina?"

I looked around, my clothing was spread around and the memories from last night flew by as small visions, making my face red as roses. I covered my whole body with the blankets, thinking about if I regretted it or not. This would definitely bring some troubles and especially if he was just playing me like every other girl he had brought to bed.

I sighed and jumped out from the bed, collecting my close on the floor. I ran to the bathroom and turned on the shower. As the water slowly turned hot, I placed my clothing on the little chair and walked over to the sink, where I looked at my reflection.

My hair was a mess and a few bags was to be found under my eyes. I yawned, closing my eyes.

The water had turned hot and I stepped into the shower, my toes flinching as they touched the ice cold floor. My mind was in shreds; I would never get that event out of my head. I tried denial, but I couldn't get myself to believe lies. This had really happened and inside I wished that the water would take the events with it down the drain, but still, I wanted to cherish it.

Thousands of lukewarm drops darkened my hair and trickled down my back. My eyes slowly closed over and over again, showing the memories each time like photographs.

Steam filled the big bathroom, but I still didn't move from the warm shower. As I washed my body, I took care not to touch or rub against any of the bruises there almost covered every inch of my skin.

My fingers fumbled with turning the water off again, but as it finally stopped streaming down my body, calming me, I took a deep breath and stepped out again. My mind swirled as I took a random towel and dried my body.

My clothing was easy to put on again and I searched the cabinets for a hairbrush there wasn't there. Didn't Anthony have one?

The silence in the bathroom gave me goosebumps all the way up my spine. I took on my last sock and strolled out the bathroom and out of Anthony's room. The corridor was empty and slowly it gave me small chills.

Gabriella turned a corner and came walking towards me with a smile. "Oh, honey," she mumbled as she embraced me. I too swung my arms around her and even though the knowledge about my brother came again, I didn't let go. "You where so strong, Nina, I'm so proud." 

We pulled away from each other, but she kept her hands on my shoulder. "Thank you, Gabriella, that means a lot to me," I told her and pushed forward a smile to copy her big one. 

She ruffled my hair as if I was a little girl. "I'm happy, but I need to go now. Your brother and my sons are in the living room, go join them." 

I so badly wanted to interrupt her and say, "brothers, not brother," but I didn't, I just nodded and walked away from her. In her mind and heart, Antonio was her son. She had raised him, changed his diapers and given him the life he deserved. She was his mother, even though they didn't share blood and I really couldn't bed mad at her, even though she had taken him away from me; from us. 

She walked the opposite way than I and as I reached the living room, no eyes were on me any longer, only laughter reached me. 

I glanced over at the happiest sight I had ever seen, both my brothers were sitting across from each other, hand in hand, fighting to see who was the strongest and Liam was ahead. "Boys," I mumbled, smiling. Slowly, I made my way over to them, making sure to stand on the opposite site than Anthony, ignoring him with all my might.

I kept my eyes focusing on the two sweating hands, their direction turning from each time one of the Watson brothers would use the most of their powers.  I slowly lifted my eyes from the battle and as they did, they caught something else; someone else. And that person was also looking directly at them. 

Those green eyes could trap me everytime they wished too and I was just starting to realize that I let them. I surrender without a fight every time and even as they played me a dirty look, I still didn't run; I stayed. 

I shook my head just as Liam broke out in a scream of victory as he lifted his fists in the air. Just as I corrected my posture and little spark was ignited inside of me and I rushed off to find my computer. 

I searched every back, my heart beating in my chest as if my life depended on it and in some way it did. I just missed the last piece to make my book complete and I think I just found it. It was right here, with my family. 

I turned on my computer, placing it on my lap. My fingers were shaking as my whole body tensed and ran on the adrenaline my little spark could feed it. When the document appeared on my screen, my fingers couldn't control themselves as they wrote the words down. 

As they looked at each other, their thoughts, worries, denials, pains disappeared; all of it. They felt free as they strolled towards each other, their cold fingers finding each other, curling around the other person's fingers and making sure they wouldn't slip. 

Their heads moved closer, the space between them slowly crimped. Their breath mingling with each other, creating a warm shield around their faces in the cold December wind. The stars sparkled over them, making the illusion of their perfect fairytale dream. 

They leaned in, their foreheads touching and resting against each other. They closed their eyes, their body shaking. "Thank you," she mumbled to him, her voice shaky and unstable, just as he liked it. 

"For what?" he replied, his hands squeezing hers. 

"For saving me." Her voice broke the hole between them and soon their body and spirits were closer than ever. She gently leaned in and placed her soft lips on his rough one. She slowly kissed them but pulled away too soon.

However, unable to control himself, he pulled her into him again and kissedd her lips like they have never been kissed before. 

And right in that moment, she knew her words hadn't been a lie. 

He had really saved her and she would forever be grateful, even if it wasn't the end. 

...

Write from the heart and you will always move in a positive direction. We writers bare our own scars in our craft, and it is an immensely brave gift that heals others as well as the self. 

- Angela Caroline Abraham

And happy new year from Denmark!