Yvanna Michelle

A man's sudden change of countenance, especially one involving a new air of arrogance and power, could really turn an average Joe into an instant hearthrob in the eyes of shallow women. Even if that man used to be the laughing stock of the group. My group.

And I've learned that when the Powell boy set his foot on the school grounds with his bodyguard in tow. The bodyguard who, months ago, introduced himself to the school population as the nerdy and highly uncoordinated Dick Jones. The guy who was known to dress in unbalanced fashion, with his grandpa glasses and unkept hair. The guy who was often the victim of my clique's bullying. The same guy my friends were fawning over as of the moment. Pathetic....

"Excuse me for my confusion, but what's so special with a nerd-turned-out-to-be-a-bodyguard anyway?" I asked in the best impersonation of Carrie (the girl with the slowest cognitive activity I've ever known and a voice as pitchy as white noise). Said girl rolled her eyes at me and regarded me with an irritated look. She's really asking to be punched. "Oh shut up Yvanna. You're embarassing us with your stupidness." Oh wow!! Big words from the queen of stupidity herself. Aaarrgghhh!!!

"Just..open your eyes!! Can't you see it? He may just be a bodyguard but you can't possibly unsee the goodies-" she said that as she leered blantantly at the poor boy. Not that he was offended, what's more annoying was the fact that he enjoyed it too much. So much that Grey himself was now fuming beside him.

I never expected to be saying this words this soon but...same Powell boy, same.

"I mean he's a perfect mold of the tall, dark and handsome standard and..." she wagged a finger at me as she wriggled her eyebrows suggestively. "....very packed!" she finished, not bothering to tone down her voice. Beside her, Grace eagerly agreed, bobbing her head like a lunatic. "Oh yes!! Just look at those pants. I could practically see his meat and two veg."

It may have been the devil's work that I was drinking water the exact moment she said those words. And I, oh so graciously, choked on it. "Excuse me??!" I exclaimed after a round of lung-tugging coughs. Tatiana on the other hand, observed us with an amused smirk. I turned to her, suspicious on how tight-lipped she was. "What do you have to say of the matter at hand Tatiana?" she chuckled before flashing me a coquettish smile. "Not here where Grey could see me. He's already mad as it is that his bodyguard has every girls attention. I can't possibly fail him."

Oh how noble of you madam. 

Inwardly rolling my eyes, I pressed on, sure that she'd give up the act. "But...come on. No one's gonna hear you." She pouted her lips as her eyes wandered to the next table where Grey and Dick were at, then observed the students passing by us. We were currently at the backyard, passing breaktime. Seeing that noone was near hearing range, she leaned in and whispered. "I mean obviously Grey is still the cake but don't you think he lacks the flirtiness Dick has?" Fits of facepalm-worthy giggles escaped from their lips as they agreed with each other. "You mean cockiness and loads of raging manwhore-ness? I'd say, thank goodness he doesn't possess those vile qualities or it will be the end of the world." Before I could stop myself, the words were already out and they threw me a disbelieving look.

"What's with you and your need to disagree with us today?" Tatiana asked haughtily. Oh no...not good. "Uuuhmm...nothing. I think I'm just sleepy." And to justify my words, I yawned which only increased their displeased looks. Okay, wrong move.

"Something's wrong with you today Yvanna." Gracie commented.

You think....oh! so you do think!!

I shrugged my shoulders to fill the silence as I thought of an alibi. "Well, on my part, I'm just wondering how a simple character revelation could make your opinions on a person drastically turn a 180. I mean, sure the glasses are gone and the posture is good but he's still...you know...a bodyguard." I tilted my head sideways and grimaced to match my statement. Tatiana rolled her eyes. "Of course we know he's still below us...duh!! But once a hottie..." she drawled and the other two joined in ".....always a hottie!!" they cheered. I wanted to wring their necks for being stupid. Suddenly, Tatiana gasped and covered her open-mouthed surprise with a hand. "Oh my gosh! I hope Grey didn't see that. This is your fault Yvanna. For being so clueless!!"

Oh, so now it's my fault you can't keep it in?? Unbelievable!!

I shook my head. "Okay..I get the hottie logic. Of course I knew that-" I added a duuuh!! for emphasis "-but remember, we used to bully him. Don't you think, us, suddenly all friendly to him would make us appear two-faced to other people?" A desire to add "nevermind that we all really are two-faced!" passed but I held my ground. "Yvanna..." Tatiana irritatedly drawled as if talking to an annoying kid who was draining her patience fast. "I only said those words to him because I sensed..no-I knew that something was wrong. And look where we are now!! Can't help that I'm a lot more perseptive than y'all."

If you say so...

My expression must've shown my incredulity so she dismissed the topic in the air. "Whatever, let's just go say hi."

Phhheeewww!! Finally!!....wait.....what??!!

noooo!!!

But it was too late. There was a blaring red flag over my head already and I couldn't afford to go against them anymore. Inwardly groaning because I found it harder to deal with the girls today as they were suddenly sharp-witted to my surprise, I wasn't sure if it's because of them seeing another handsome boy or it was entirely my fault for being distracted.

This was unfavorable. I felt like losing my grip on things and that was unacceptable. Especially now that I needed to be closer to Tatiana. To my goal, my mission.

So sighing, I stood up, patting the nonexistent dust on my school skirt and walked after the girls.

  🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱

Yvanna has a card up her sleeve and Tatiana has something to do with it!!!😲😲😲

What could it be??

Hah!! Too bad I'm not as oblivious as you all are! #gloating

But.... if you have an idea, then by all means, comment and we'll see.

Thanks for dropping by. See you!!!

-Bubble