1

Note: unedited

"My life is a perfect graveyard of buried hopes."

-"Anne of Green Gables"
L.M. Montgomery

  🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩

The sound of curtains being drawn apart woke me up from my slumber. The sheer sting of the morning sun pierced through my eyelids as it rapidly brought warmth to my face. As an automatic reaction, I turned my entire body away, cursing time for drawing me away from this haven called sleep.

"Five more minutes Gloria." My moan was muffled by the pillow. My sleep wasn't enough.

"I'm not Gloria."

I sprang away from the voice that whispered lowly to my ear, and glared at the unwanted intruder. "What the hell are you doing here?! Where's Gloria?!" I shouted at the nameless girl who looked about my age. Her eyes wandered over my body and that's when I realized I was only clad in my boxers.

Shit!!

"I said, what are you doing here?!" I sneered, feeling violated. Thankfully, this snapped her out of lascivious thoughts.

"Ohh uuhhmmm..."

"Get out! Get out!"

Just then, the familiar salt and pepper haired woman came into my room with an alarmed expression etched on her wrinkled face.

"Grey, what is-" She stopped midsentence when she noticed the girl. "Sonya? Why're you in the young master's room?"

The blonde girl adjusted her skirt before answering.

"I was only waking you up sir. It's almost time for your classes."

Before I could snap at her, Gloria had already reprimanded her; beating me before I erupted.

"I assigned you to the garden not in the home quarters."

"I was only trying to help."

I rolled my eyes. Oh I'm sure you do.

"Why isn't she in her uniform?" I turned to Gloria and asked with the calmest tone I could muster for her sake. "She's new here that's why." I nodded to this before bringing my attention back to the new maid.

"I don't want to see you lurking where I'm at especially inside my room. You are not allowed here, so don't be stupid and do what you're asked or else I'll fire you," I said with a promise.

Her thick make-up did not help in hiding how she blanched at my warning. Good.

I sighed as I plopped down my bed after the leech was dragged away from my room, contemplating why I had to deal with this kind of foolish and wild concern.

Speaking of, I did mention not to hire young maids to avoid this kind of incident, but why was there one pestering me like a blood-sucking parasite now? I better ask who hired her.

Glancing to the digital clock on my side table, I saw that I had an hour to prepare for school. So I decided to move my tired and frustrated ass.

After cleaning up, I descended towards the dining area to join my mother, and hopefully my father for breakfast at the patio. On my way, I spotted that same maid from earlier, canoodling with Redgie, our gardener, by the kitchen counter.

Seriously who hired this floozy??

"Good morning son!!" My mother's delighted voice greeted me as I slid out of the glass doors towards the small gathering that consisted of her and father who was already sipping his morning coffee.