34

Her dad surprised by the broken young man's tears, he had no idea that  Selena hadn't told Nick about her decision of leaving "I'm sorry I  thought, you knew son" not being able to figure out how to console the  poor guy.

Wiping his face, not feeling ashamed at all for the  tears he shed in front of her father, the only thing in his mind, going  to go find her and bring her back no matter what! "Mr. Gomez I need to  talk to her!" Mr. Gomez shook his head, if Selena didn't tell him she  must have her reasons, he thought "please sir I love your daughter with  everything in me, I need to see her".

The desperation in his tone  got Mr. Gomez, he could feel his heartbreak that vibrates out from his  emotions, taking a deep breath he pulled out his wallet and pulling out a  card "this is where she is staying" Nick quickly took the card from his  hands "thank you so much" sniffling he quickly walked back to his car  not looking back he started the car and headed to New York.
--
He  finally found her address after asking so many people, taking a deep  breath he found himself in front of her door and knocked, he heard  footsteps coming as his heart escalated with each sound and thud till  finally the door opened and there she stood, her eyes widen at the sight  of him "Nick. ." his name left her lips in a whisper as she looked at  his pained faced "how could you just leave?" he manage to say.

Her  breathing becoming uneven, shaking her head "I can't..." not being able  to finish her sentence she tried and close the door but Nick didn't let  her, he stepped into the small apartment "please Nick, just leave"  blocking her words.

"Why are you doing this? I can see it in your  eyes its hurting you just as much as it's hurting me!" the frustration  taking over his desperation for her to listen and too understand  "Sel..." walking to her, so close that both of their bodies feeling  Goosebumps as their breaths came in contact with one another.

"Go  away with me..." he began as he cupped her face, the contact with her  skin satisfying him in ways that cannot be explain, as she shut her eyes  at his touch "let's go to California, start over new..." making their  bodies come closer "please. . I love you" as his lips almost brush along  hers she pulled away making him feel empty again.

"I can't" her fear came back "I don't want to be with you".

The  pain soared through his body as the words parted through her lips; "you  don't mean that" he mumbled while trying to hold back the tears that  threatened to pour out, "this is my last time begging you; if you love  me or if you don't just let me know so we can finally move on from this  sorrow. But Selena I know you do; so please, just please tell me you  love me..." he held on to her tightly not wanting to waist these seconds  with her.

"I can't love somebody I don't know..." she whispered  as she heard a soft sob come from his lips, "Nick just leave and don't  come back, I'm trying to forget every memory I have of you" he felt her  small hands push against his chest while keeping her gaze to the ground. 

This was it, this is how it felt like; Nick never understood  the feeling of losing something you truly love and cherish, but now  standing in front of the only person that made him feel all these new  emotions did he realize that loving her was the biggest and most  beautiful adventure life has given him.

Her eyes were glued to  the ground as she felt his body distance itself from hers; the tears  that she managed to control were now coming down her rosy cheek, leaving  a dry trail along her porcelain skin. "I truly do love you Selena, it  has become the most honest thing in my life" she heard him say loudly  while holding back any more sobs from parting through his lips, "please  don't forget that" his footsteps were now soft echoes through the empty  hallway. 

It didn't take long for her to break down; she had  loved him with all her heart and to find out that everything they shared  was just a web of lies, really did hurt her. Her soft whimpers  resonated through her new home as she stared blankly at the wall; can  she really forget every memory she had of him? And can her heart really  ever belong to someone else? Both those questions managed to flow  through her head as she relieved every moment she shared with him.