reuniting love at last.

They were so happy, so in love. She was his world, and he was her everything. That doesn't sound like something that could ever be broken or fade away, but exactly that has been proven to be wrong.

High school, to the two it felt like centuries ago, but this year marked the first decade. Tonight, to be more specific, was their first high school reunion. She hadn't seen him since the first year of college when distance stretched further than the will they had to fight for their relationship. It was a mutual understanding, but it hurt the two more than they'd care to admit.

Riley's stomach was in knots, she knew he was going to be there, but she wasn't sure you're if he'd have a lovely lady on his arm. Riley hadn't had a serious relationship since the break up - which was almost eight years ago. But from what she had heard, he's had several.

The thought of another woman wound up in his arms made her stomach churn to this very day, but she pushed those thoughts as far out of her mind as possible. Truth be told, she regret not fighting - she regrets letting everything get so messed up, but what was
she to do of it now?

She knew he was probably better off, he was living every man's dream. While they were together, he never mentioned his grandfather's multi-million dollar Fossil Fuel Power Plant back in Texas. He, the last Friar, inherited the company after his grandfather's passing. She never saw a photo of him where there wasn't a gorgeous model with him.

After the loss of love in her life, she went on to getting her Master's degree at NYU, and then to Harvard Law for a Doctorate Degree of Juridical Science. She broke out of her insecure shell full of fear, and focused of her work which led her to follow her mother's footsteps of becoming a well known New York Lawyer.

The young woman had chosen an off-the-shoulder, navy blue, mid-thigh length dress that hugged her skinny frame, still showing off her curves. She paired it with pearl earrings and strappy, nude stiletto heels. She kept her makeup bronzed, but natural, topping it off with a nude-pink lip and loose curls. Glancing in the mirror one last time, she grabbed her clutch and exited her apartment.

___________

The young lawyer entered the snazzy, dimly lit hotel, her gaze immediately searching for her best friend. She first locked eyes with her uncle Josh and right beside him stood his wife, Maya.

Most people would find it quite strange that her best friend married her uncle, but when you look at them, all you find is love. She couldn't imagine either one of them with other people, they're perfect for each other.

The blonde wore a cherry red high-low dress and black pumps, while her husband wore a black suit. She descended the red carpeted steps in their direction, but was stolen by a bubbly blonde she recognized to be Darby Walker.

After Darby chatted her ears off about how Yogi couldn't make it this evening and showed her dozens of pictures of their twin sons, Riley finally made her way to Maya at the bar.

"Peaches!" Riley cheered, taking the seat next to her. "Can I get a club soda?" She quipped to the bartender infront of them. The brunette had never been much of a drinker except for wine, but a glass or two was her limit.

"So?" Maya asked, expecting her best friend to know exactly what she was referring to.

"So what?"

"So have you seen him?" Riley's frame instinctively stiffened at the very reference of him.

"Nope." She said, popping the 'p.'

"Do you intend to?"

"Honestly?" Maya replied with a 'duh' face. "I'm scared to see him."