Arthur Kirkland (England) x Reader (Hetalia)

Finally updating a one shot here! Sorry that I didn't upload on the previous Saturdays. Got caught up, and lost track of time. I won't publish ones to make up for them, sorry! I will try my best to start updating on Saturday from now on though! Also, I'm really sorry if Arthur seems a little OOC. He probably does. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the one shot!
∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

You had invited Arthur to stay over at your house today, so you wouldn't be all alone. Arthur was happy to be able to send some time with you.

"Hello, Arthur!" you greet.

"Hello, love," he greets back. In his arms are a couple large bags.

"What you got in the bags there?" you say motioning to the bags hanging from his arms.

"Well, I figured we could watch movies and have snacks all day. I brought many different snacks for us to eat, and I also brought our favorite movies to watch together."

"Sounds amazing! We're going to have such a good day today!" you exclaim.

Arthur's face turns a slight pink as he walks in and places down the two large bags onto your living room coffee table. He slowly unpacks the two bags. Once everything is out from the bags, he folds them neatly and places them underneath the coffee table.

You scan the selection of movies and snacks that he had brought. Everything looked good, that was until you got to the last half of the snacks. Oh no. He brought a few snacks that need to be cooked. If he wants them, then I will make them for him. I love him to death, but I don't want my house burning down, you think.

You look over at Arthur and give a smile. "I'm so happy with the arrangements, but why did you brings these snacks?" You say. You pick up the snacks that need to be cooked.

"Well, love, I wanted to cook a few things to show you my thanks. Just simple gratitude," he assures.

"Okay... but I am going to help you cook them. I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

He gives a gentle smile. "There will be no need for that. It's just pizza rolls and popcorn."

You heave a sigh of reluctance. "I'm just going to be blunt with you. You know your cooking is down right terrible, yet you still don't let anyone help. I swear to Maple if you catch my kitchen on fire, burn my house down, or any other thing possible for you to mess up while cooking then I will torment you forever."

Arthur gives you a look of shock, surprise, and terror all in one. He quickly nods his head in agreement. You give a satisfied smirk and pick up the movies. As you look through the movies he brought, he gets up and takes the food to the kitchen.

You finally select (favorite/movie) and put it in the DVD player. You hear a beep come from your kitchen. You walk over to Arthur in the kitchen. He's staring at the directions on the pizza rolls package.

"Love, I hope you're okay with having to wait for the pizza rolls."

You give him a look of confusion. "You know that you don't have to put the pizza rolls in the oven, right? I usually just stick them in the microwave," you inform him.

He stares at you, and then searches all over the bag to find the directions for the microwave. He stops when he finds the directions. "It only takes a minute to cook in the microwave! Fascinating!"

You laugh and watch him put some pizza rolls on a plate and into the microwave. He sets the time for one minute and starts the microwave. He stares at the microwave in amazement.

"When those are done just come and watch the movie with me. Those pizza rolls should be enough for now, if we want more then we'll make them later," you say. You find several blankets and pillows and toss them on the floor. You arrange them to make a fort-like structure.

The microwave beeps to signal it's done. Arthur carefully takes the pizza rolls out of the microwave and brings them to you. He places them on the coffee table in front of your fort.

"I'll be right back, love. Just going to do one more thing."

You absentmindedly nod and eat a pizza roll. You don't pay attention until you hear your microwave start up again. You sigh and shake your head.

"Arthur!" you whine. "I thought we were going to watch the movie now."

"We will, don't worry," he assures.

You sigh once again, and lay down on the floor. Your hands placed above your head, and legs crossed. The microwave then beeps to be done. Arthur brings a second plate of pizza rolls and places it next to the other.

"Okay. Now can we watch the movie?" you ask.

"Of course," Arthur beams.

The movie is half over and Arthur pauses it. "I'm going to make some popcorn. How much would you like?"

"Just make some. I'll be fine with whatever you give me!"

He nods and walks to the kitchen. He takes a bag of popcorn and places it into the microwave and starts it. He takes the popcorn out and places another bag in to start. He cooks that bag, and replaces it with another. Arthur continues this process.

By the fifth time the microwave starts, you are annoyed. "Please stop putting things in my microwave!" you shout angrily.

The fifth bag of popcorn is finished cooking and in comes a dejected looking Arthur with five bags of cooked popcorn in his arms. "I was just making popcorn. No need to yell at me, love."

"I know you were making popcorn! But why!? Why!? You made what... five bags!" you ramble out.

"Yes, it was five bags. You told me to make some for you, so I did!" Arthur says with a smirk on his face.

You glare at him. "Do you really think I'm going to eat five bags of popcorn?"

"Of course not! Only four bags, one is for me," Arthur chuckles.

You give him another dirty look. "I hate you sometimes."

"You said sometimes, so that means not all of the time. What do you feel about me when you don't hate me?" Arthur asks playfully.

"I really hate you."

"Aww. Come on now, love. Is that really how you feel about me?" He asks with a low voice.

Arthur has already put the five bags of popcorn on the coffee table. He has his face close to yours.

"Y-yes!" you squeak with a red face.

Arthur places a finger under your chin and brings your faces closer together. "If you really hate me, then how do you feel about this?"

He gently places his lips onto yours in a kiss. Your mind goes blank and you don't kiss back. Arthur pulls away with a hurt expression.

"I'm so so sorry, (Y/n). If I knew you really weren't joking, and that you didn't feel the same way, I would have never done that to you. My deepest apo-"

You cut him off by placing your lips onto his in a smile. He gently kisses you back. You both pull away after a moment making the kiss short, sweet, and gentle. "I really do like you too, Arthur," you manage to say without stuttering.

Arthur smiles widely. "I really like you.... So umm... Will you be my umm... girlfriend?" Arthur asks.

Both yours and his face is bright red as you look at each other. You nod your head while saying, "Yes."

Arthur pulls you to sit in his lap. He rests his chin on your head. "How about we finish that movie now?"

"Yes! And the popcorn too!" you giggle.

You snuggle into his embrace and watch the rest of your movie together.