A Surprising Addition

"You alright Freed? We got married a month ago, and you've been sick pretty much ever since we got back two weeks ago. Even more so this last week!" Laxus said, rubbing my back as I was hunched over the toilet, puking my brains out.

"I don't know!" I mumbled as my stomach finally stopped trying to empty its contents. I leaned back against Laxus, trying to ignore my nausea.

"Hello! Laxus! Freed!" Wendy called out, "are you here!"

We were back at my apartment in Magnolia, so she of course knew where to come see us.

"Coming!" Laxus called out from the bathroom on the first floor. Laxus helped me to the living room and onto a couch before heading out to the front door. He and Wendy came into the living room, Carla on their heels.

"How you feeling Freed? Laxus told me you were feeling horrible and you have been for a couple weeks, though mostly this last week!" Wendy stated.

"Yeah. I have been. You think you can help me out here, or at least tell me what's wrong with me?" I asked, laying down on my back.

"Even if I can't help you with my magic, I can at least tell you what's happening. Just hold still, ok?" She said. I nodded, holding my breath.

"You nervous Freed, my sweet?" Laxus asked, noticing me. I nodded again. He knelt beside the couch and took my hand, which helped me start breathing again.

"Ok, here we go!" Wendy stated, casting some kind of spell which gave off a bluish green light.

After a few minutes, the light stopped. She fell to her knees from exhaustion, Carla right beside her as soon as she hit.

"Is everything ok Wendy?" Laxus asked after a few minutes.

"Well, the good news is you're not sick! You want the better news too?" Wendy asked.

"There's better news?" Laxus asked, looking confused.

"Yes! Freed is pregnant!" She smiled.

"Say what?" Laxus asked. All the color flushed from his face as he started to waver. In less then a minute, he was down on the floor, unconscious.

"What happened to him?" Carla asked, poking his ribs.

"He's just freaked because of the whole idea of him being a father!" I replied, looking over the side of the couch at an unconscious Laxus, "He'll be fine! Just give him time!"

"You sure about that?" Wendy asked.

"Yeah I'm sure!" I said, a small smile on my lips.

***

"What happened to me?" Laxus asked, walking into the kitchen where I was making lunch.

"After Wendy told us I was pregnant, the color drained from your face, then passed out a minute after we got the news!" I told him, stirring the pasta.

"I'm g-g-g-going to b-be a f-f-fa-father?" Laxus stuttered, his face going bright red.

"According to Wendy, yes you are!" I said, looking over my shoulder at him with a smile.

"You think you should be doing this?" Laxus asked, hugging me from behind and placing a hand on my stomach.

"I'm pregnant Laxus, not sick. I won't be able to go on big jobs that are really dangerous, but I can still help out around the house and take some of the smaller jobs!" I said.

"How long was I out by the way?" He asked, kissing my neck.

"A week!" I joked.

"What!?" Laxus shouted, surprised.