Meg's Big Day [S1:E20]

Start from the beginning

"She's a lot like you then."

Sam's mouth just hung open.

I laughed as I reached down to close it with a finger.

"We should get up."

Sam rolled her eyes. "I guess."

All three of us exited the bedroom as Sam proceeded to cook breakfast, which was a skill she had developed since moving to Columbia. And I had to admit, she was getting quite good at it.

She set the plate in front of me along with a mug of coffee.

"This looks great," I complimented.

"Yeah, well, hopefully it tastes as good as it looks," she replied with a smile. "But I'm sure it will."

I took a bite of my eggs. "So, did you have any plans for today?"

"You know I have plans."

"Staying in bed all day is not a plan."

"I'm sure I could change your mind."

I blushed.

"But I actually made reservations at Giordano's," Sam informed.

"Oh really?"

"Yup." She looked at me. "I know you've been dying to go back but I was saving it for a special occasion."

"My birthday isn't a special occasion," I protested. "It's just another year down."

"I disagree." Sam leaned forward. "It was the day you were born, and if you hadn't been born, I wouldn't be this happy. So therefor, it's a special occasion."

All I could do was admire her from across the table.

"But I was also thinking we could go to the mall to shop, or go see that movie that's in the theater you've been raving about..."

"What about Charlie?" I wondered.

"Blair and Tony agreed to babysit," Sam said.

"Well, you've certainly thought of everything."

She smiled. "Your good traits must be rubbing off on me."

My chest grew warm as I leaned in to kiss my girlfriend. Sam really had grown into someone I wouldn't even recognize if I hadn't been by her side since I had met her.

We readied for the day and packed up Charlie and her things before heading out to drop her off at Blair and Tony's. Luckily, she really enjoyed going there, so I wouldn't have to worry about being gone all day.

"There's my favorite niece!" Blair yelled from the door.

"She's your only niece," Sam protested.

"And? She's still my favorite."

I laughed as we joined our friends in their apartment and escaped the cold.

"Happy birthday, from me and Tony," Blair claimed as she held out a gift.

I sighed. "You really shouldn't have gotten me anything."

"Oh please," Blair said. "Did you really think I had a choice? Sam would've had an aneurism if I hadn't."

Sam nodded. "She's right."

I just shook my head and opened it up, only to reveal a picture frame with our small family in front of the Christmas tree with our matching sweaters.

"Oh my God," I said with a laugh. "This is great."

Sam took the frame from me. "Really? I told you not to print this picture."