Chapter Twenty Nine

Lindsay's Point Of View

My night consisted of tossing and turning in my bed sheets. Sleep seemed to be my worst enemy at the moment. Lying there gave me the space to think about what had happened not long ago. I longed to change the past, but it would always have to remain that way.

Guilt made a regular apearance as my teeth chattered down on my finger nails. It was early morning, and I was leaving the hotel in an elevator. I wanted to avoid Zayn at all costs. There would be an awkward tension, and no doubt about it would the others know what happened. I wanted what happened, or almost happened, a secret that remained to the two of us. 

As of now, I was sitting in Anne's car driving towards the airport. The thing about Anne, is I know I can trust her with about anything. She's basically my only true friend I have here. And after explaining to her what happened between Zayn and I, she was very understanding. Even though leaving meant not appearing on the Ellen show, she was fine with that and that was all that mattered to me. The boys would have a great time, and they would forget the interview included me in the first place. 

My head was leaned up against the window, and my eyes wandered at the outside surroundings. The city was quiet, because it was so early in the morning. There were a few people going on their morning runs, others shopping before it got too crowded. It almost hurt me leaving this wonderful place. I wasn't even able to explore it like I wanted to. But leaving was really for the best.

I didn't tell anyone I was leaving. I went straight to Anne's room around five in the morning, because I know she's usually up at that hour. We talked on her bed, a few tears were shed, and that was the end of it. As much as I wanted to tell Eleanor and Stephanie, I knew that they would tell the boys the first chance they got. And Zayn would know how much of a coward I am. Though he would surely know at the beginning of the interview. 

As of now, my mind was buzzing around the idea of seeing Brian. He would question my surprising yet odd appearance at his apartment. He would know with one glance at me that something went wrong. Or maybe that I did something wrong. Even though nothing happened with Zayn, that didn't explain why I was still feeling guilty. 

I hadn't realized I was picking at my fingernails until a hand rested over my own. Looking up, Anne scooted next to me and gave me a warm smile. I returned one, but had to take a deep breath. I needed to remind myself that nothing happened, and that everything would be okay. She wrapped her arm around my body and pulled me closer so that my head was rested against her shoulder. 

"Everything will be alright, Lindsay. I promise." Her words were soothing. And as much as I wanted to believe them, in te pit of my stomach, was a feeling I could not ignore. This feeling would never end.

***

Zayn's Point Of View

I groaned as the knocking at my door increased. Perrie was passed out on her own bed, completely dead to the world. Or so it seemed. Pulling the covers off of mybody, I slowly walked to the door and yanked it open. There in front of me stood a very concerned Liam.

I scratched the back of my head and yawned,"What are you doing here?"