Chapter Twenty

Lindsay's Point Of View

Zayn and I walked out of the apartment building with our heads held high, ignoring the screams from fans and paparazzi. He led the way, making a small path through the clutter of people, and I followed the path. Reaching my hand up to my head, I plopped my sun glasses down to cover my face partially. After a few minutes of walking the busy streets of New York, security had come. Now, there were no flashes bothering us.

"Where to?" I questioned Zayn, who was busy looking around.

A michevious smirk grew on his face as he held eye contact with me,"Follow me." He grabbed my hand in his, not giving me a chance to speak, and pulled me along after him. Bumping shoulders with a few bystanders, I attempted to match my pace with Zayn's but it was too fast for me.

"Zayn! Hold on, you're literally dragging me!" I laughed, putting my hands on my hips trying to catch my breath.

He turned around and bent his knees a little when he yelled back at me,"Hop on! I hear I give amazing piggy back rides!" My eyes widened at his joke, and I gripped his shoulders before bounding onto his back. His hands tightened around the crease where my thighs and calfs met. People gave us weird stares as we passed them, but we didn't care.

"Where are we going?" I whispered into his ear. His thumb ran a circular motion over my jeans, and my grip on his shoulders tightened slightly.

"Can't tell you! It'd ruin the surprise!" His childish behavior always mocked me, for he knew that I hated surprises.

Instead of protesting against him, I rested my head on his upper back and shut my eyes. I could hear the honking of horns, yelling from ticked off taxi drivers. The smell of street food filled my nose and laughter of jokers rang through my head. We weren't balanced as Zayn walked. My head would bob up and down with every step he made. Though we soon came to a stop.

"Wake up, princess."

My eyes shot open as I climbed off of him. Turning my head around, I noticed we were in a sort of alley. "Is this the part where you turn out to be the murderous killer?"

He shook his head before he began guiding me with his hand placed at the small of my back. We walked deeper into the alley, where I could distinctly see that a dead end was nearing closer to us. Neon signs hung off of chains above me, their light shaking and radiating out. He jerked my body to the right and we stood facing a small pizzeria.

"This is where we're eating?" My voice caught me off guard. In my ears, it sounded like I was disgusted with his choice. And in a way, I guess I was.

"Yep!" He spoke excitedly, before opening the door open for me. A bell sounded above me as I walked. The interior was shockingly nice. I expected it to have scrummy floors and trash scattered everywhere. Booths were set up one after the other with stripes of red and white. It was almost like an old fashioned diner.

Picking out a table, I slid in as he did the same in the chair across from me,"This place has the best pizza in New York." He passed me a menu, and I opened it as he continued to talk. "I found it when I went outside for a smoke. And everytime I visit this state, it's one of my priorities to come here."

I leaned the menu down a little and smiled,"I was getting worried. I was sort of scared as to where you might be taking me."

His shoulders slumped up in a shrug,"Plus, fans never follow me back here so I have loads of privacy and space to just think." The way he said it made my heart melt in a strange way. He always complained about never having alone time. Was I intruding on that?