Chapter Thirty

Zayn's Point Of View

We arrived at the set around one. The car had been silent ever since the words escaped Liam's mouth. But it left me pondering if that was true. Was there any chance I was in love with Lindsay? I've only thought of her as a friend during the time I spent with her. Did she see something else, just like the boys had? My eyes wandered around as we exited the car and were guided inside. Fans had already begun to line up outside of the gates, screaming and pleading with their shriek voices. 

Lindsay was no where in sight, and I searched frantically to ask her this one simple question. Liam had noticed this, and went off looking with me. But at the end, we both came up empty and instead ran to Annie. 

"Where's Lindsay's dressing room? I need to speak to her."

She looked up at me, annoyance clear in her gaze. "She isn't here. She left early this morning around 8." 

I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion. "What do you mean 'she left'?"

Annie rolled her eyes and put her weight on her other leg. "I mean, she left to go back to New York. Anne didn't give me specific reasons why, but it seemed like it had to be important enough to stand up Ellen."

The kiss. 

I looked at Liam with wide eyes. "I know why she left." I placed my arms in the air, resting my hands on either side of my face as I paced back and forth. This was my fault. I made her feel guilty for what I wanted to do. No, that was wrong. What I needed to do.

Liam attempted to calm me down. Or attempted to get an explanation out of me. But I was in shock. So much that everything around me went fuzzy. Enough where I could block everything around me and focus on my own thoughts. 

But after a few minutes of thinking, I came up empty handed. Only when Perrie appeared before my eyes did I make an effort to listen to her.

"Zayn? Zayn! Listen to me, please." Tears brimmed in her eyes and I nodded at her to continue. "Y-You're going to hate me after I tell you this. But you deserve it. You deserve Lindsay, and I'm so sorry I played apart of tearing you two apart."

Liam grabbed my arm and pulled me into a room, one that looked like a storage closet while Perrie followed after. And everything came spilling out.

* * *

I rubbed my eyes, exhaling. "You mean to tell me, that Phil and Annie didn't want us together? And found a way to move her to New York to split us up?" Perrie remained silent, only looking at the floor while I raised my voice. "And that Phil sent Brian over there to make her forget all about me? What the hell, Perrie! Do you know what that man is capable of?!"

Perrie's voice shook as she spoke up. "P-Phil said he changed, and that Lindsay would be safe."

"Since when would you ever believe a word that man would say? I mean, why should you?" Liam stood behind me, probably feeling guilty about all of this as well. But I wasn't worried about being mad at them. When they told me, of course I was infuriated. Now, only telling Lindsay everything was the one thing on my mind. 

"I have to go back to New York and talk to Lindsay." I said, my voice stern.

Liam spoke behind me,"Okay, we'll fly you over after the interview and then-"

"No." I turned to face him, my back facing Perrie. I shook my head repeatedly, shutting my eyes closed as I did so. "No. I need to go now."

Liam sighed and showed a tiny smile. "I was hoping you would say that. Perrie has a cab waiting out there for you, and it'll take you to a private jet. The pilot said he'll try to get you as close to where Lindsay's apartment will be, but it will most likely still be an hour or two outside of Times Square." He was cut off my a bone crushing hug from myself. 

"Thank you, Liam. Thank you."

He chuckled and pushed me off of him. "Go! Before you get caught by Annie. I'll try to cover you up, say you got sick and headed home. But who knows how that'll turn out." My smile only widened as Perrie took hold of my hand, leading me out of the room and towards the awaiting cab.

The driver opened my door and headed towards his own as I piled in. A bag laid next to me, stuff I would have to look through later. Perrie closed the door after me and smiled sadly,"I'm sorry for what I did, Zayn. I never wanted to hurt you like this."

I took her face between my hands, through the windows and pulled her towards me. Kissing her lightly on the cheek, I pulled back and smiled. "This is just your way of making up for it. Thank you, Perrie. For everything." A tear trickled over my hand, and I swiped under her eyes with the pad of my thumb.

She sniffed and let out a quiet sob mixed with a laugh. "Shut up and go get your girl." Kissing her one last time, I told the driver to leave. My hands ran through my hair, as I tried to erase the evident smile on my face. I was so giddy about all of this.

But what if she didn't feel the same way? What if I came to her apartment, and Brian is there? Who cares if he's there, I'll still express my feelings towards her. Even if that risks geting beat up to a pulp. I'd take that chance.

My phone buzzed against my leg and I took my phone out expecting an angry text from Annie. Instead, it was one for Lindsay and I tried to open it as fast as I could.

When you get back to New York Thrusday, come and see me. I need to speak to you. -Lindsay

Maybe the feeling is mutual between us.

--------------------------

Hey guys, I'm so sorry. I know school is out, but I just have no motivation to actually finish this story. Of course I will, but it'll end in the next few chapters. But don't worry, I have a major plot twist coming up.

I just want to get started on my new book already, but obviously it won't be for a while. I would start it now, but I don't want to have the pressure of updating two books, so i'll try to finish this one as soon as possible. Hopefully most of you haven't given up on this just yet.

But I've been really busy too. I don't know if I want to do high school soccer, because if I do I'll surely letter in it this year. But the thing is, I hate everything about the sport. INcluding playing it. And then I have to take an online class during school time, because I'll be playing piano for the jazz band. So it's all a big mess. 

I'll try to update before this Friday, but no promises!

Please VOTE and COMMENT!!! Thanks! :)

-Taylor xx