Chapter Three

Lindsay's Point Of View

A knock brought me to the front door, and I shuffled in my dress. Smoothing out my red dress, I grabbed my purse and opened it with a wide smile. There, in the doorway, was my boyfriend leaning against the frame with a boquet of red roses in his hand. He leaned down, softly pressing his lips to mine. My smile never left my happy face, and he waited for me while I placed the flowers in a clear vase..

Our hands intwined after I locked my place up, and he led me down the stairs though I knew my way around the building. Such a gentleman, I inquired to myself. This is what love felt like. A cab was waiting for us, and I wondered where he was taking me. It was always a surprise. I love surprises. 

My head was propped up onto his shoulder as I waited for the car ride to end. His thumb rubbed small circle on the back of my hand, causing my eyes to droop. This was how I always felt after work. New York wore you down. A slight hum came from his lips and I recgonized it as one of the songs we danced to the night of his mother's second wedding. Crashing Cars by Snow Patrol. 

The wheels underneath me stopped, and the door was held open for me. Grasping onto his hand, I looked around my surrounding to see where he has taken me. We were at Central Park, and I gave him a questioning look with a grin on my face. Shrugging his shoulders, he grabbed my hand once again and pulled me towards the path. 

After a while, I was starting to get bored. The wind decided to pick up, and regretted not bring a jacket. My boyfriend noticed the goose bumps rising on my arm, and draped his black blazer over my frail body, warming me instantly. Where was this boy taking me? 

Just as I was about to protest anymore walking, white rose pedals soon covered the walkway. Candles were lit up on the sides, and I knew not just an ordinary citizen did this for the fun of it. This was all for me. The tips of my lips stretched farther and farther until I was sure my lips would fall off. Ahead of the two of us was a gazebo wrapped in white christmas lights, the center of it empty. Two men stood to the side, softly strumming a guitar in their hands. What about dinner?

Gracefully bowing once inside of the gazebo, I curtsied back to him, not able to control my giggling escaping through my lips. My hands interlocked with each other behind his neck, his hands grabbing my waist, pulling us close. The side of my head rested against his chest, and I heard the steady beat of his heart. Everything was perfect. I have never had a guy do something like this for me, and I knew now that he was the one for me. We were like two puzzle pieces.

The feeling of him next to me made my body react in a whole different mood. When ever I was around him, my pulse quickened and my cheeks always stayed a dark red. No matter what he said a blush crept its way up my face. He's changed so much in the past three years, enough to surprise me. 

When I was fifteen, we found each other just walking the streets. One date led after the other, and before you knew it we were a couple. After about six loving months where I knew I had fallen for him hard, things took a turn and  it was like another living soul consumed his body. Being abused and beaten by him was definitely not one of my favorite things about the two of us, but it's what made us whole once again. 

Sending him to jail was hard enough. Seeing his pained face behind bars only wanted me to forgive him and sob into the crook of his neck, but I knew better. My career picked up from there, and two years later I met Zayn. In those two years I had remained single for the best, afraid of opening myself up again. I'll admit, the three months I spent with Zayn Malik was something I don't regret. I was in love with him at the time. Hint the word was. 

The move to New York was hard enough. And on the flight over, it occured to me that I never saw my abusive boyfriend since the after party, and it frightened me that he never made an appearance ever again. Just getting settled in, my first year in a new country, things were falling into place. A few dates were asked here and there, but they were always declined. Dating wasn't my thing at the moment, and it made me sad to see the disappointed looks on all the desperate guys. I'll admit, half the guys weren't that bad looking.

My first year had passed in a blur, and the day at my office was hectic that morning. Models running and crying everywhere, whining about what they could and couldn't have. The nasally voice calling my name over the intercom, and feeling grateful that I had found an excuse to leave the mess.

Seeing his face scared me. It shook me to the bone, and I prayed that he wasn't here for me. I was wrong. Of course he would be there for me. After he pleaded for a good hour or two in my office, I gave in to him. We agreed on going out for coffee, yet another excuse to get out of work.

With him, he brought a small backpack. And once sitting down, he showed me a few files of him, explaining how he went to a rehabilitation center after being released from prison. Having no help or guidance, he said he did it for the good of himself, and for other people who he kept close to his heart. And I was on that list.

He made me see the light in other people who were having struggles, showing that no matter how deep you are that there will always be hope. And that same night, I took him back as my boyfriend. It was as if nothing changed, nothing ever happened. As if it was the day we met on the street. Complete strangers wanting to get know each other better.

That's where we are today. One year and three months later, everything was just how I wanted it to be. Mother was happy for me, that I had found my way back to another man who loved me. She knew about how I dated him back home, but nobody knew how he abused me. Everyone didn't know except for Zayn, and hopefully by now he still has kept that secret. 

Dancing under the twinkling lights, the music, my decision I made that night at the coffee shop was the best decision of my life. The whole in my heart was filled again. He taped my broken parts, he fixed me to be a better, brand new person. 

His body shifted and my eyes fluttered open to find him standing a few feet in front of me. Did I do something wrong? Did I smell funny? I made sure that I sprayed perfume before I left. I know I did! Looking around at my outfit frantically, his low voice made a chuckle.

"Baby, no. Nothing is wrong."

My body relaxed, the tense muscles no longer there anymore,"Then what is it?"

"Lindsay, do you know how much you mean to me?" I shook my head, but smiled at him to continue,"You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You took me back in when I didn't deserve it, and gave me a chance to show you the real me. No girl has made me change as much as you do, and I like this side of me better than the old one." Soft tears trickled down my face, reaching my smiling lips,"Everyday I wake up, my mind instantly thinks of yours and it brings butterflies to my stomach, though you're not even near me. We've been together for quite some time now, and I never want to let this go." 

Things happened slowly as he bent down on one knee and fumbled with something in his jean pocket,"And you must know that no one has ever loved anyone as much as I love you." My hands covered my mouth, eyes widening with every breath I took,"Lindsay, will you make me the happiest man alive, by marrying me?"

I didn't even have to think, for I immediately knew the answer already,"Yes, Brian, yes. I'll marry you." 

Opening the black velvet box, he gently grabbed my left hand and slipped the diamond ring over my finger. Right where it belonged. My hands went to his hair, passionately kissing him once I had the chance too. They were so in sync, and the music soon stopped playing, the muscisians giving us some privacy that I was thankful for. 

All I wanted to do was keep reliving this moment.

-------------------------

~A/N~

Yay!! Brian changed for the better and Lindsay is finally happy! Well, for now... As long as she is happy, right? Anywayyyyy, the boys will come in soon. Probably at the end of the next chapter which hopefully is up tomorrow. If not, it'll be up next weel or some time like that!

My uncle came home today from Afghanistan and it is so great seeing him! I haven't seen him since October and it made me so happy to see that he was back home and safe and sound.

I had my first scrimmage today. The first half the varsity played and the second half was JV. I didn't play in the first half, but I did in the second half. I started as a defensive player and played for 40 minutes without a sub. I was taken out when there was only 5 minutes left in the game! We won 5 to 2! 

To the side is what her wedding ring looks like! Ugh, I can't wait for this book to keep progressing through! I already have so many new ideas that I hope you guys will love as much as I do!

Please vote && comment!

-Taylor :D