Chapter Nine

Lindsay's Point Of View

It was now Thursday. Two days since Brian had left. And two days until I left for a week to visit my family in back in England. Nancy had begun to set out clothes of my choosing for my departure, also laying out books and movies in the process because I would surely be lonely with the thirteen hour flight all alone. Ever since I traveled on planes, we had gotten myself a private jet. For the safety of me, obviously, but for others. Girls had gotten trampeled over other girls just because they saw me. It was sometimes ridiculous.

Sending out a quick text to Liam, I invited them over for lunch. Instead of going into work like I usually do, I decided on working at home today. Looking through my cabinets in my study, I sighed a breath of relief once I found my measuring tape and clip board. Perching my small black glasses onto the bridge of my nose, I wrapped the measuring band around my neck so it hung loosely. 

Quickly fixing up a few sandwhiches and drinks, a knock sounded at the door and the pitter patter of Nacy's feet is the only other sound I heard. The swoosh of the door collided with my ear drums and I heard the smiles in some of the boys voices already. 

Sliding my hands down my skirt, I took a deep breath and walked in that direction. Smiling warmly at them, Liam had entangled me in a hug. I laughed along side of them as I hugged the rest of them just the same, even Zayn had shown a little action towards me for the first time. 

Leading them through my apartment, I let them sit down at the dining table while I scurried off to the kitchen to help Nancy prepare the rest of the food. Crisp turkey subs dressed with olive oil, lettuce, and tomato along with melted cheese. It was one of my favorite meals. Taking out a long knife, I cut the sandwhich into seven parts. Six for me and the boys, one for Nancy as well.

Placing them neatly on a plate, I carried two at a time, making three trips total. Before I came back in for the final time, I carefully took my shoes off and hid them in a cabinet. My feet were aching. Walking slowly back into the room, conversation had already started and I happily listened in on what they were talking about. It seemed to be a new song.

"The song's coming along pretty smoothly, just a few more verses here and there and it'll be fine."

"I really like how this song just comes together for each of our voices."

"Definitely a new hit, I hope." 

Just seeing their lips move about such excitement made me smile and remember the good memories we had before I moved. Gorging myself with the food I had prepared on my plate, I closed my eyes and savored the taste. The last time I had actually decent food in my mouth had been a while. Patting my mouth with my napkin, I took a quick sip of my water and set the glass back down.

"So Lindsay, how's New York? Do you like it here?" 

Glancing over to see who asked, it was Harry, I directed my response towards him,"It's great, actually. America offers so much, I never expected it to be this great." Harry sent me another warm smile, and I the same, wondering why he was in such a good mood right now.

A buzz vibrated on the table and Zayn's hands instantly went to his phone. A blush splattered out onto his cheeks, and my heart did a sinking thing. Igoring it the best that I could, Liam helped me clear the plates and cups that were empty and took them to the kitchen along side of me. Washing them by hand instead of in the dish washer, he hand dried and we had a pleasant conversation.

"What's your favorite thing to do here?" 

Handing him another wet plate,"That's easy. Going to see broadway shoes." 

His face lit up,"I've heard of those! I really want to go see one!"

I laughed, turning the water off from the sink,"We should go see one soon then." We both wiped our hands dry with a few paper towels.