Chapter 5

Everyone wore slim leggings and a loose white shirt, but on their hands were iron gloves. Each man had an opponent they were fighting and they were too focused to even notice the girls walking past them.

The wall was lined with all sorts of weapons, each labeled with its name underneath.

The girls came in from behind a large statue. Emma took on look at it and felt fear swarm through her whole body.

"My, my," Iris said, analyzing the statue,"Is this what the Gorlin looks like?"

The statue was black and smelled of dirt and eggs. It was very large, almost nine feet tall. It had scales running all along it's body and four legs with long sharp claws. The Gorlin was in a position as if it were attacking and it's mouth was flung open so wide it could fit two heads inside. Sharp teeth poked out the mouth, shimmering in the sunlight. It was quite a hideous beast.

"Princess Emma," a man called out,"What are you doing here?"

Emma gave a bow,"Master Chan, my friend here wanted to ask you a few questions. She read your book and curiosity took a hold of her."

She signaled Iris to go forward and speak to the man. Meanwhile Antonia and Emma walked around the room, talking among themselves.

"Very well," he said,"What would you like to know?"

"Why did you lie?"

He took offense. "Excuse me?"

Iris continued,"I read your book and it's all lies. The fallen stars had a pure heart before they touched the star. They didn't know the Star was evil either. It consumed them, so it wasn't their fault they became wicked and cruel. Although you make it seem as though they always were and intended to be."

"I have no idea what you are talking about. I've been there and I studied their history extensively from afar. From the very first king, they all desired to rule the world and destroy it," he said.

Although Iris could feel his pain from the memories of his childhood. She felt pity.

"You're from the fallen stars. Your family was born there and so were you, but your family was killed. Now you are here in the Bright Light Kingdom to get revenge, not to protect the people."

Chan stood up straight and towered over her. He felt anger rising within and he was concerned about this young girl. She was trouble and he knew he had to get rid of trouble.

His mouth twisted into a grimace,"Listen child, I don't know what knowledge you have about me or the Dark Lords, but whatever it is, it's wrong. I don't think you're from here either. I have a picture perfect memory and I've never seen you before. Who are your parents?"

Iris wasn't afraid nor concerned, but she felt she had the right to not answer his question.

"That is none of your concern."

His eyes glowed with fire,"Precisely! What's happening here in this kingdom or in the Dark Lords is none of your concern either. I'll give you some advice. Get out kid. Leave while you can since nothing here concerns you. Leave before the real war begins."

With that he left. Antonia and Emma approached Iris.

"So what did he say? Do you feel bad now for accusing our great army leader of being a liar?" Antonia snarled at her.