"It's time to get ready now, my little time-jumper," she mumbled into my hair whilst stroking my arm. "We don't want to be late."

I breathed out, knowing she was right, and looked up to meet her golden-green eyes. The morning sun casted a golden glow, only enhancing the colour that was piercing through me right now. I smiled with admiration.

She leaned down and pressed a soft kiss on my forehead before returning the smile. And that's how I knew today would be a great day.

***

The meeting was more for formalities and protocol – checking the search parties' findings and the guards, keeping track of supplies for each clan and village, making sure there was nothing suspicious going on.

Things had been pretty safe since the whole fight between Mount Weather and the Grounders three months ago. It could only be safe for so long, but thankfully, trouble wasn't amongst us. So, the meeting was over in about an hour.

Lexa and I decided to train afterwards. Or rather she decided to train and I tagged along because, once again, I couldn't find myself to be away from her for long periods of time.

Training was fun, especially with Lexa as my teacher, but at the end of the day, I was the lazy one between us and ended up taking like ten breaks for some water.

It was my fifth break when I was chatting to Aden on the sidelines and Lexa continued to train, practicing her techniques on a training dummy.

"We just learnt this defence position," Aden was telling me, a grin on his face, obviously excited about his training sessions as a Nightblood. "It doesn't let the enemy get too close and guarantees a win."

I had remembered Aden the more I spent time with him, which was pretty frequently, and he was an awesome kid. But if I'm being honest, I wasn't quite listening to a word he was saying because I was too distracted by Lexa practicing with her sword. She looked freakin' awesome.

Aden seemed to catch on eventually, probably when he asked me a question and I had no idea what he was going on about. He followed my gaze and soon put the pieces together.

"I'm really happy for you and the Commander, but I don't think I can handle this every time, Y/N," he whined, sighing gently.

I chuckled at his reference to how I would practically drool over a training Lexa pretty much every training session we had. What can I say? Have you seen her?

"Sorry, but c'mon," I said, matter-of-factly as I gestured to Lexa. "She's a total badass, Aden."

Aden quirked a brow. "Huh?"

It was my turn to be surprised. "Dude, c'mon. You know what a badass is, right?"

Aden racked his brain for a moment, before saying, "I know what an ass is..." he went quiet before widening his eyes and staring at me accusingly. "Are you calling the Commander an ass?!"

I only had the chance to crack a smile at his misunderstanding of my phrase before I felt a presence over my shoulder.

"I certainly hope not," Lexa said, breathlessly, from behind me. I glanced over my shoulder and saw her smiling down at me. Her eyes were shimmering in the sunlight and she was all sweaty from training, but she still looked adorable.