twenty-three » over

The hallways all looked the same

The hallways all looked the same. Dark, bleak and miserable. Running down them didn't help with the unsettling nerves in my stomach. Bellamy was leading Lexa and I to the harvest chamber to free the other Grounders, but I felt like we were running in circles.

"Are you sure this is the way, Bell?" I asked, following behind him.

"Yeah, it's this floor," he said, sure of himself. "We're almost there."

I said nothing more as Lexa and I continued to follow him. Because of the evacuation on these levels, there were no guards to stop us. Though, I wasn't looking forward to when they realised half of us had disappeared and returned. We needed to get out of here. Fast.

"This is President Wallace speaking," a voice crackled from the radio hanging on Bellamy's belt. The three of us stopped running as Bellamy pulled it out hesitantly. This wouldn't be good.

"We have your friends. Raven Reyes, Abigail Griffin and... Marcus Kane? I believe?"

My heart dropped as I heard an ear-piercing scream in the background.

"Let her go! She can't take that!" That sounded like Abby and I felt my fists clench by my side. They were hurting them. All of them. We couldn't leave now, not without them.

Without thinking, I grabbed the radio from Bellamy's hand and growled into the speaker. "Let them go, you asshole."

Cage's annoying chuckle rang into the air and I saw my hands grow paler as I squeezed the radio with anger. Bellamy and Lexa remained silent, as did I.

"Ah, Y/N Y/L/N. I'd recognise that voice anywhere!"

"I got out of here once and I'm gonna get out of here again," I said, clenching my jaw to refrain from yelling. "And this time, I'll bring my friends with me."

Another scream sounded through the radio and my heart stopped as I heard Abby yell Raven's name.

"You piece of crap! We're coming for you," another voice sounded through the radio and I recognised it as Clarke's. She had been listening the whole time. "Raven, I'm on my way!"

"I'll be waiting," Cage responded in an evil tone, and the radio went silent.

I looked up to Lexa and Bellamy and saw the discomfort in their eyes. When my eyes settled on Lexa's, I knew we had the same idea. We were going to get them.

"They want us to go there," Bellamy said, looking between us. "Y/N, they want us all. I don't want to leave our friends there either, but we can't just go in, guns blazing. We need to make a plan."

"We don't have time," I argued back, grabbing ahold of the gun I got given earlier. "Clarke's probably already on her way and I don't doubt that Jasper and Monty are that far behind. We need to get them out now." My gaze softened when I met Lexa's eyes. "We'll get our people out of the harvest chamber, I promise. But we need to get Raven and the others before it's too late."