The future is a terrible unknown place

Start from the beginning

It seemed very real but it hadn't happened, for Lucy was fine...Or was she? Snape stood up, put his cape on and flung open the door and ran out of the classroom and up the stairs into the hallways of Hogwarts. Students were hanging around, talking to each other but when they saw Snape running down the corridors they had something to laugh about, especially the crazed look on his face. 

Snape turned corners, ran up and down stairs, ran down corridors, even checked in the secret room but still couldn't find Lucy. He was terrified, when at last he saw Shona. Walking down a corridor, with her hands in her pockets looking rather glum. 

"MCGUIRE!" Snape yelled and Shona did a sarcastic scream. 

"NO! I'm sorry! Whatever I've done, I'm sorry! Just don't put me under that cape!" Shona pretended to cry and Snape hissed. "What do you want anyway?" 

"Where's Lucy?"

"Don't know?" Shona shrugged. "Haven't seen her around since this morning. But that girl can go anywhere she wants. After all 'girls just want to have fun.'" 

"This is serious, we need to find her - " 

"Why do you need to stalk her now?" 

"McGuire..." Snape sighed. "Please work with me here, I just need to find her. It's really important that I do." 

" - And so dad told me that I'd beat you at the tri wizard tournament but I don't believe a word he says," a male voice came from behind Snape and Shona. They both turned around to find Lucy and Cedric there. Lucy looked up and gulped. 

"Well hi!" Lucy put on a brave face and Cedric laughed. 

"Lucy, where on earth have you been?" Snape snarled, striding over to her and pulling her away from Cedric, who muttered goodbye and walked off. 

"Where do you think I've been? Diagon alley! Why are you following me anyway?" 

"Because..." Snape looked down at her leg which was completely unharmed. "I know how you feel about those visions." 

"Well, what did you see?"

"You were fighting Lord Zuc, it scared me half to death," Snape pulled her into a hug and she pulled a face while Shona just laughed at her best friends expression. 

"Right...Well, I'm going to go find Fred and George - " 

"No you're not, it's nine o'clock and I expect you in bed by now." 

"McGuire doesn't go to bed until past midnight, she's too busy planning where she'll have her next destroy Snape's house and quarters rave." 

"If you ever dare to do that again, I swear I'll kick you out of school. Whether it's on Dumbledore's orders or not." 

"Oh please, that's what Dumbledore keeps me here for." 

"What? Late night parties?" 

"Of course! I had swag before it was cool."

*     *     * 

Later on Lucy sat in the living room of Snape's quarters reading a book while Snape himself read the prophet, glancing at his daughter every so often as she shuffled or turned the page. Had he really seen Lucy fighting Lord Zuc or was he completely stupid? 

He couldn't of seen it. Lucy was fine. She was there in front of him, the girl he had rescued only a few years back who turned out to be his real daughter whom was a metamorphmagus. How could Zuc get into the castle anyway? The wizarding world was completely safe from him for he was too weak but if Snape had seen Kingston trying to attack his daughter he would be very worried because he could gain access to the wizarding world. 

Lucy's hair turned a white blond then to a dark blue, she tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and ignored that it was changing colours. She was obviously fighting with the orbs colours to her emotions because she was obviously tired judging by the dark blue. 

"Dad, please stop worrying," Lucy said as she continued to read her book, not looking up at Snape who had to look up from his prophet again. And it was now clear that she was telling him through her thoughts. 

"I'm not worrying." Snape replied out-loud, Lucy sighed and closed her book then looked up again. "I promise you I'm not." 

"I know you are, it's obvious. You can't fool me anymore. Don't think I can't see you looking at me." She paused as Angus jumped onto her lap. "Were you serious about seeing Lord Zuc fighting me?" 

"Yes, I wouldn't lie. It scared me half to death." Snape shuddered as he stood up and nodded to the shattered wine glass on the floor before he cleared it up with a wave of his wand. "Same as you." 

"You suggesting that I drink wine?" 

"Not at all." 

Snape awkwardly poured himself out some more wine in a new glass while Lucy just stared at the floor as Angus desperately tried to get her attention, mewing and scratching at her skirt. Angus was the one breaking the silence between the two when finally Snape hissed at the cat and it walked off with it's tail in the air. 

"Was that really necessary?" Lucy raised an eyebrow. 

"Of course it was. You know I hate cats." 

Lucy shrugged. Then got up and walked towards her room when she walked back and picked up the sword on Snape's desk, Merlin's sword. She made sure Snape was standing well away before throwing the sword across the room so it embedded itself in the wall on the other side of the room. 

"Careful! You'll take someone head off!" Snape yelled. "Namely mine!" 

"Calm down, you were no where near it. Besides, you're more surprised that I can do that, right?"

"Well...Yes...But it was still dangerous. Don't do it again. Please...Don't..." 

"For some that like my new personality they sure do want the old Lucy back." And Lucy went off to bed leaving Snape to pull the sword out of the wall and as he did an image of Zuc crossed his mind and he shuddered. 

Snape placed the sword back on his desk and paced the room, still trying to figure out why he had seen Lucy fighting Lord Zuc and Kingston watching. He tried to take in every detail. Lucy was in a red tight-fitting tracksuit and her hair was plaited. He had never seen her like this before, apart from her usual plait but never in a red tracksuit. And for some reason he couldn't see her wearing one any time soon. 

He finally gave up and began thinking about the tri wizard tournament. Lucy had successfully defeated a dragon wearing her Gryffindor colours, rescued two of her friends while being attacked by monsters, still wearing her Gryffindor colours and now they had no idea what the third task was. 

She was obviously going to have to do something more heroic than before now, whilst wearing her Gryffindor colours which she was gradually proving that she worthy of wearing them. 

That's funny. Snape thought. Lucy was wearing red in the vision. He took a sip of his wine then spat it out as soon as it touched his lips. He stared at the orb and thoughts whizzed around his head.

Because that's when he realised. 

He had a power. 

And that power was seeing the future.