Shona, the girl who is fluent in sarcasm

Chapter two: Shona, the girl who is fluent in sarcasm 

Lucy sat bolt upright. She clutched her chest and tried to prevent her heavy breathing, she just hoped that her dad wouldn't walk in and ask what her 'nightmare' was about. Because he was prone to doing so. Lucy laid back down and wiped the layer of sweat which had started to cover her forehead. She looked at a lock of her hair and saw that it had gone a sort of white blond colour but Lucy forced it to become light brown again. 

"Lucy? Are you up?" Snape called from outside of her closed door but Lucy decided to play stupid, she laid back down and closed her eyes. 

Snape stalked into the room and stepped over to Lucy's bed and shook her, she groaned and sat up. Lucy glared at Snape and pretended to be annoyed with him. 

"There's no need to pretend you're asleep, I know you've had a bad dream" Snape shook his head in dissapproval 

"How do you know?" Lucy sniggered giving Snape's arm a poke 

"You whimper in your sleep, you wake up breathing heavily and plus your hair ends up in a mess" he counted on his fingers 

"You know me too well" 

"I do, I've known you for a little while and do you want to tell me about what your nightmare was about?" 

"Well this one actually makes sense, it was about Kingston, Ryan and some tall dude who claimed the name 'Zuc' " and Lucy explained the bazar dream in which she had dreamt

"Yes, you're right" Snape said, "it makes sense for once" 

"But when do I ever make sense, dad?" 

"Well you make a lot more sense than McGuire, speaking of McGuire has she written to you lately?" 

"No she hasn't let and plus it's my birthday...Like I care anyway" 

"It's your birthday?" Snape froze 

"Yeah, don't worry about it, it's just another day" 

"No it's not, where do you want to go today?" 

"No where, lets just stay here and we can practice defense against the dark arts" 

"Very well, get dressed and head downstairs and then we'll practice" he headed out of her room quickly and walked down the old stairs. 

Lucy blindly picked out an outfit then put it on but before leaving the room she picked out a headband and grabbed Angus. When she walked into the front room she put her cat on the floor and waited for her dad's instructions as he was stood up with his wand in his hand in the empty space he had cleared. 

"I suppose you need your wand" Snape said, he rummaged in his robe pocket and pulled out Lucy's wand, "catch" and Snape threw Lucy's wand at her 

"What? - Oh damn!" She swore as she failed to catch the wand, she stopped down and grabbed it before rubbing her head where the wand had hit her 

"I said catch" Snape rolled his eyes 

"Yeah...I knew that" she muttured, "so what first?" 

"Attack me" 

"No!, Why would I attack you?" 

"Honestly, Lucy, we're practicing defense against the dark arts not 'lets be soft and not attack our opponent' " 

"Oh right sorry..." 

"Use the first stunning spell that comes to your head and if it helps imagine I'm Kingston"