ZOÍ AÍMATOS - THREE

Jasminy - Stadium of Eden Spectator

Man, what a drag. The tournament hasn't even started yet. I'm probably too early, I'll go to the inside.

I remembered that once I leave my seat, some other person may take this seat. So unfortunately for me, I have to be content sitting here.

And so she sat down here.

Oh wait. Why was she here again? So she can see the Fight of Zoí Aímatos. The winner was said to be the one who receives the Blessing of Ananda. She is known to be the deity of Wysteria. She is the Goddess of Blood, Fighting, and Fire.

The Stadium is.. well... one of a kind. It is a mix of Wysterian and Borean culture. The ground is made of a mixture of sand and blood, from all the fallen in the stadium. It's sleek but rustic.

A bell pealed, and the paean of the people can be heard from all sides.

Is it starting? Hopefully it is.

The announcer went up the podium, and then it started levitating.

"Greetings to all! We are here to witness the 50th Tournament of Zoí Aímatos. As is tradition, we start this by throwing a ruby lantern to the skies.

Jasminy got hers from the front of her seat, and threw it up. It had red projectiles shooting from it, covering the stadium in a sanguine light, representing Ananda and the fighting spirit of all the gladiators.

"Let us begin! I shall shuffle the names of the people who will fight.

Alright! First fighters are Roan and Godfrey! Good luck to them!"

Roan is a female that originated from Iscenda, an icy country. There she honed her skills in the orichalcum: a green sword made of a gold and titanium alloy, with a diamond lining. It was an elegant and beautiful masterpiece.

But as is her toughness, she, was devious and vindictive. Not to mention arrogant.

Really not enough to underestimate her.

Godfrey is even taller than Roan, and he uses a boomerang with spikes that spawns fire to his will. The boomerang is unbreakable, made with obsidian, molten diamond, and spider silk. The rune etched there give it an ability to conjure fire.

I personally don't know who will win. I have fought before, in the same tournament, even before the Unafraid. He is somebody who I have never seen face to face. What was his name again? Ombre? Humba? Amber? Ember? Oh now I remember: Umber Quasar. Now HE is legendary. I fought someone named Rivera. She was nimble but hits hard. She uses the glaive, and that glaive was enchanted. It had a purplish reddish aura to it, and many different runes etched in it.

It, surprisingly, ended in a tie. With the clock chiming, I raised my sword and said, too late,
Oh dark souls, consume me and make me powerfu-

Her daydreaming was cut exactly at the last letter. How unfortunate.

That was the finals, but no one won. How odd. Both of them got the Blessing of Ananda.
It was a rune that said:

To both powerful people who won: heed my prophecy.
To you oh dark soul, you shall find those who you come from, down where your fate resides. In a flower, in a Paradise, on a Seaside.

This rune was etched in my crystal sword, so that I can activate it at will. Not only did it give me insight to where Neals, my father and my mother are, it gave me the blood of Apoj, the son of Ananda.t makes me a descendant of Ananda.

To you of royal descent: heed my advice.
Flee from your castle; you are not free there. Stay with the one you love, and never stop looking.

Roan rushed to Godfrey, her nimble and relentless figure darting through the wind. She fanned the ground to distract Godfrey. She threw a dart with a poisoned tip towards him.

With that, Godfrey dodged, and spawned fire from the end of the boomerang, and threw it. It circled half of the stadium and it returned to his hand. He manipulated the fire to form a rope, and slowly constrained Roan, giving her only a short amount of time to escape.

Roan used Orichalcum to slice through the rope, but it wouldn't break. She conjured an icicle and propelled it, so that it will hit him. She used air to blast it faster. She saw a flame that came her way, and used air once again to launch it back to him.

Godfrey didn't see this coming, so he was hit. Before falling, he threw 7 fireballs and transformed his boomerang to a flaming bow. He spawned 7 arrows to strike at her. Both attacks were so strong, that Orichalcum barely withstood it.

Growling, Roan struck relentlessly, dodging the arrows, and she  closed her eyes. After that, a hailstorm rose up, and pelted at Godfrey. Using Orichalcum, she made 2 blades, using an amalgam of wind and ice. This struck him, who was distracted with the hailstorm. Godfrey wasn't able to recover, so he ignited his boomerang and flung it towards Orichalcum, but nothing happened. He laid still on the ground, immobilized by the ice around him.

"1...

2...

3...

4...

Roan is the winner!"

The people have gone wild. Even Jasminy was impressed. She stood up and clapped, then shortly left the stadium.

Man, both of them were clever, but Roan's impressive creativity was the reason why she won. She'd be a good one to train.