Chapter 4

(Ahsoka's POV)
-
We were nearly back to the speeder when I heard someone calling Nyx from behind us, and it was a voice I recognized.

"Okami! I told you your debts are not paid yet!" Pintu yelled.

I turned around to see Pintu approaching us as well as guards, much more than the last time.

Nyx leaned over to me and whispered, "You think you can kick all their asses?" 

"That's a little more than I think I can handle..." I whispered back as I look around at all the guards.

"So what should we do?" Nyx asked.

"I say we run.." I suggest

"Yea I agree!" He yells as he begins to run down the street away from all the guards.

I immediately start running and catch up with him.

As we're running I could sense the guards gaining on us.

"We're never going to loose them if we keep running straight like this, we have to do something unpredictable." I tell him out of breath as we run.

"Ok, I know how to loose them! Follow me!" Nyx shouted.

I continued to run close behind Nyx, he took a sharp turn right and then stopped. I watched as he began to open a hatch that led underground.

"Smart thinking." I praise Nyx as I follow him down the ladder and into the tunnels below that we're underground of the city.

We started to run for a while down the tunnels when suddenly Nyx stopped. "Do you hear that?" He asked me.

"No. I don't hear anything." I told him.

"Exactly. I think they lost us." He said as he breathed out heavily obviously relieved.
"We should keep moving anyways though, or they might eventually find us...." Nyx explained as I drifted off into thought.

I looked around at the tunnels around me, they made me remember my time as Anakin's padawan. Although, I wish the tunnels reminded me of a more fond memory with Anakin. However, when I was in tunnels just like these me and Anakin were arguing about me running from being captured.

Anakin believed I should turn myself in, and make my case to the council. But I knew better. I knew that no one else would belieive me except Anakin. Even if I did explain to the council what actually happened.

"Ahsoka..."

I start to drift out of my thoughts as I hear someone call my name.

"Ahsoka!" Nyx made his voice louder to catch my attention.

"Oh sorry." I apologize for spacing out.

"Are you alright?" He asked me curiously.

"Yea I just had a memory of the past, that's all." I reply trying to imply that it was not that big of a deal so he wouldn't ask me about it.

"Alright then. Let's go shall we?" He smiled and gestured forward with his hand.

I followed him as we walked further down the tunnels. We were not saying anything for a while until I broke the silence.

"So, how did you know about these tunnels?" I ask trying to prompt a conversation.

"I tend to use them a lot actually, I first found out about them when I was younger." He answered.

I drifted off into thought again as it occurred to me these tunnels might somehow connect to where I was with Anakin higher up in the city. They did look very similar after all. Before I could tell myself I was just overreacting, I realized that I wasn't.

We had come to a stop. At the end of the tunnel  there was and opening. It was the same opening I told Anakin he needed to trust me and then I left into the underworld.

I watch as Nyx stared over the edge of the end of the tunnel.

"Well this is great, I led us straight into a dead end.."  He scolded himself, but I blocked it out.

At the moment I couldn't see anything except for the image of anakin's face as I left him and went into the underworld.

I felt someone shaking me.

"Ahsoka....Ahsoka!" Nyx shouted as he continued to try to snap me out of daydreaming.

"Sorry." I apologize again.

"Ahsoka, it's fine." He starts to walk but then stops in his tracks, "Do you know this place?"

"Yea I think so. How did you know?" I ask him a little surprised by his observation.

"The way you would look around at the tunnels
and then just start daydreaming, I figured it was because you were having memories about being here before." He explained to me.

"Yea.." I reply as I walk over to the edge as well. "Now what are we going to do?" I say trying to change the subject again. I examine the edge, seeing that there was no way to get back down into the underworld.

"We'll just have to go back the way we came and take a different turn to find a way out." He stated as he started to walk back.

We walked for a decent amount of time back the way we came until we heard footsteps, and a lot of them.

Before we knew it we were surrounded on either side by Pintu's guards from earlier.

Pintu emerged from one of the groups of guards. "Okami, this is you last chance to pay me what you owe me." Pintu demanded.

"Well I-uh would love to do that for you Pintu, but the problem is I can't do it right now because all my money is back at the shop. So how about we just.." Nyx began to offer but he was cut off.

"I'm done playing games with you Okami! You pay me now or you die." As soon as Pintu said that all of the guards immediately raised their blasters at us.

Before they could shoot though I grabbed my blaster from its holster and shot Pintu in his right shoulder.

He fell back onto the ground, but two of his guards helped him back up on his feet.
"Stupid girl! Haven't you caused me enough trouble already!" He shouted furiously.

The guards began to slowly approach me ready to attack. I looked over my shoulder to see the guards on Nyx's side also closing in on him.

"Hey Ahsoka! I could use some help over here!" He yelled nervously.

"I happen to be a little busy at the moment Nyx!" I yelled back.

Suddenly the guard closest to me swung at my head. I immediately ducked, and he missed me, but for some reason I still heard the noise of the guard hitting something.

I looked over at Nyx and he wasn't there, and then I looked down at the floor and saw him unconscious.

"Oops.. my bad.." I begin to apologize to the unconscious Nyx but then return to the guards ready to fight.

Well now that he's unconscious this should be a lot easier actually, I think to myself.

I immediately outstretched both my arms in opposite directions and use the force to slam both groups of guards onto the floor, including Pintu.

I watched as Pintu slowly staggered to his feet in shock. "Impossible! You can't be a Jedi! Jedi never come around here!" He exclaimed.

I moved closer to the injured Pintu and pointed my blaster directly at his face.

"Forget about the money Nyx owes you and never bother him again." I demand.

He began to laugh, "Do you think I'm stupid I know it's against your Jedi religion to kill. You can't do it, can you?" He attempted to taunt me.

"I am no Jedi." I state and pull the trigger on my blaster.