Chapter 1

(Ahsoka's POV)
-
"I know." Those were my last words, the last words I said to my mentor, and to my friend. I knew as I walked away that it might be the last time I would ever see him, but I had to do this.

After the Jedi council expelled me, I knew that if I was ever accepted back into the order when they found out the truth, I would refuse. I had made up my mind quite some time before they asked me back. When the moment came though, I froze. I had the whole thing planned beforehand, I knew exactly what I was going to say to them. However, when Anakin opened his hand to me it was harder to tell him than I expected.

I remember it so vividly, the look in his eyes when I told him that I wasn't coming back. I knew that this image of him would stick with me and haunt me forever. This still didn't change my mind. I had made my decision, I was leaving and never coming back.

When the council did not have faith in me, and almost immediately assumed I had to be guilty because no one else could have done it, I knew I would not be able to trust them again. So I left.

As I reached the end of the long stair case leading up to the Jedi temple, I felt alone.
No one was here to come and save me anymore. I didn't have anyone to depend on, to have my back. Now it was just me, but in a way I felt this was for the best.

I knew I couldn't steal a ship and escape to another planet, so my only other option was to go to the underworld of Coruscant.

The underworld of Coruscant wasn't exactly the nicest place to be wondering around in. It was full of the poorest of the planet, bounty hunters, forgotten buildings, and any crime you could imagine. It would have to work though.

My thoughts were interrupted when I noticed my clothes. They would stand out in the lower levels of Coruscant, and that is the last thing I wanted. Besides them standing out, they would just be another reminder of the past, and everything I left behind. So I decided to go out and look for a new outfit.

I walked around the city for a while, until I finally came across a clothing store. It was a very small shop and looked not well taken care of, but it would work, after all I only had a limited amount I could spend considering I needed to save.

When I found an outfit that I liked, I immediately put it on and began to take out the amount that it cost. It was a dark blue top with no sleeves and army green pants to go with it. I took off two of my arm bands on each arm but left on the other remaining two.

As I finished looking through to find some credits, I suddenly realized I didn't have enough.

"Are you almost finished finding your credits girl, I don't have all day you know," the old man behind the counter asked me.

"Actually I don't have enough," I began, I was going to explain that I would just not get the outfit and put it back, but the man cut me off mid sentence.

"How about that?" The man asked as he pointed to what I was holding in my right arm.

I looked down at my old outfit that he had pointed at. "What about it?"

"I'll make a trade, you give me that outfit your holding, and I'll let you keep the new one you have on." He bargained.

I knew it was not a fair deal. My old outfit was worth way more than this new one, but I agreed anyways. After all, I didn't wanted to be reminded of my past.

I handed the man my old outfit and walked away toward the entrance. As I left I could here him laughing to his partner saying that he had tricked a little girl to agree to an awful deal. It was amusing to me knowing that I had not been tricked at all and that he was laughing over nothing. "Pfft, me? A little girl? Give me a break." I say and almost laugh to myself as I am about to leave.

I opened the door to the store and went on my way. It was dark outside now, and I was finally ready to disappear into the depths of Coruscant.

My thoughts were interrupted when I
bumped into something. I looked down at what I had bumped into, it was a speeder. What could this be doing here? It was very odd to see a speeder left unattended in a city like this, where anyone could easily steal it.

I took it as a sign of good luck and decided to take it. I looked around to make sure there was no one in sight who could possibly be the owner, and when I was sure I was clear, I hopped on.

I started up the speeder and went forward. I traveled quickly until I finally reached the giant cylinder hole in the ground that led straight into the underworld.

"Here's where it begins." I remark to myself as I continue downwards into the city.