Special Chapter: First Snow

- Special Chapter :

Hi everyone! KJ-Authornim lives! I'm currently in Seoul right now, and it's been great so far! I hope everyone has had a great Christmas!

I'm now inspired by EXO's Winter Special Album Universe, and the song "Been Through." So enjoy this chapter!

🎄 "You shine like the stars, You light up my heart." 🎄

"Jeez, I'm freaking cold."

Tinuta was shivering in the cold wind that blew in the air. She had worn a turtleneck, a wool sweater, and a long parka, and she was still freezing. Hoseok was concerned and held her close to his body. It was their first Christmas together so they decided to celebrate it by walking in the nearby park.

The trees were festively decorated with small yellow fairy lights and the paths were lined with colorful figurines of Santa, reindeer, snowmen, and many more. The lamps had green wreaths with festive red bows hung on them; all of these decorations practically screamed "Merry Christmas!"

Despite all of the festivity, Tinuta's mood was worsening steadily because of the cold.

"Jagi!" Hoseok exclaimed. "Let's go get a cup of hot chocolate."

He knew that the remedy to her unhappiness was always hot chocolate or tea. Since it was Christmas, why not be more seasonal and go with hot chocolate?

They scurried over to a small cafe across the park and entered the cafe.

Warmth enveloped the couple as the scent of freshly brewed coffee filled the room. Christmas carols strained through the chattering of people into their ears, as they admired the glittering tinsel and ornaments hanging around the cafe and the tree in the corner. This was the perfect spot for a mug of hot chocolate.

Tinuta's mood immediately lifted, now that she was no longer cold and at how happy the customers in the cafe looked.  Hoseok smiled, seeing that she was a lot happier and held her hand. Slightly surprised at the sudden contact of their hands, Tinuta slightly blushed. The couple went over to the counter to order their drinks.

The lady behind the counter was a kind, warm-hearted Halmoni (grandmother) who gave them a discount because they looked cute together. Despite Tinuta and Hoseok's insisting to pay the full price, the Halmoni just gave them a smile and went into the kitchen.

Holding their drinks in one hand, the couple had luckily found a table right next to the window. Hoseok, being the gentleman that he was, pulled the chair out for Tinuta to sit in. When she was comfortably seated, he sat across from her.

Tinuta began to drink her hot chocolate gratefully as the couple admired the view outside. Well, Hoseok was admiring something else: Tinuta.

Her hair was now dyed jet-black and flowed down to her waist. Her eyes shone with joy and her body was relaxed as she admired the world from inside the warm cafe. Hoseok sighed blissfully, wondering how God blessed him with an angel like Tinuta.

"Hoseok," Tinuta whispered, catching his attention. She pointed towards a couple three tables over. "Isn't that Ga-eul and Chanyeol sunbae-nim?"

At a closer look, Tinuta was right. It was, indeed, Park Chanyeol of the popular boy group, EXO, with Ga-eul. They had two steaming cappuccinos (*cough* UNIVERSE *cough*) between them and were having quite a conversation, laughs in between.

"They look good together," Hoseok commented thoughtfully. "Should we go say hi?"

Tinuta gave him a look which probably meant, "Let's leave them alone."

Nodding, they both observed Ga-eul and Chanyeol for a while, chuckling at how awkward their sunbae was with Ga-eul. They noticed how he tried to hold hands with her, and kept blushing when they did. Tinuta was happy that Ga-eul was happy with someone; she could see it in her member's eyes, how Ga-eul's eyes sparkled with happiness every time Chanyeol made her laugh.

"Kind of reminds me of when I make you laugh." Hoseok says, with a slight smirk. Tinuta playfully swats him on the arm, reaching around the table to not spill their drinks. He pouts at her and Tinuta slightly glares at him.

Hoseok decides to resort to this:

Aegyo.

"Jagi~" Hoseok whines cutely. Tinuta tries to look away but can't as she watches him do aegyo. She starts laughing when he calls her "Noona" even though he's older than her.

Finished with their drinks, Tinuta and Hoseok decide to go visit SMTOWN. There, they see fans milling around looking and purchasing their favorite SM idol's merchandise and albums. They sneak around the building, careful not to attract attention to themselves so that they could enjoy SMTOWN peacefully. Next to the EXO merchandise corner was a wall filled with official AERO merchandise, and the couple laughed at how many male fans were there. AERO made a lot of money just from selling merchandise, albums not included, so this was expected.

After visiting SMTOWN, they sneaked out of the building to go back to BTS's dorm. It was now 11:30 pm when they were walking through the park again. Tinuta was warmer now and didn't mind the cold because Hoseok was holding her hand. As they admired the decorations, snow began to fall gently from the dark sky, dusting the grass and pathways.

"Hobi!" Tinuta exclaimed happily. "It's snowing!"

Hoseok laughed at Tinuta's cute reaction to the snow, and let her skip around for a bit. (A/N: me 😂)

"Tinuta!" Hoseok shouts. She turned her head towards Hoseok, only to collide with his chest. His long arms wrap around her small figure and he rests his head on her shoulder. Tinuta gently smiles and hugs Hoseok back tightly as they stand in the middle of the park. They slightly pull away from each other, enough to look into each other's eyes.

Hoseok felt as if he could see the entire universe in Tinuta's eyes. They sparkled as if they were filled with stars every time she laughed. He felt that being around Tinuta could make anyone shine brightly, like a single light in a gray sky.

Of course, Tinuta was his light through darkness. Whenever he was upset or disappointed in himself after making a mistake on stage, she would always come to cheer him up with his favorite food and encouraging remarks.

Tinuta sighed blissfully as she gazed into Hoseok's dark brown eyes. How did she manage to get Hoseok? When there were so many other girls to choose from?

"Hoseok, why did you choose me?"

Startled, he processes the question and laughs.

"Tinuta," he starts off, lovingly looking at her. "When I first saw you, you outshone others with your talent, kindness, and fierceness. You shined like the stars, Tinuta, which made me notice you even more. When I was upset or sad, you lit up my heart with your smile. So, never doubt my feelings for you."

Hoseok leans in and his lips meet Tinuta's soft ones, hugging her closer to him. Tinuta relaxes into the kiss and they close their eyes as snow softly falls from the sky.

"그날의 끝에도 너는 이렇게 비춰주겠지"

"At the end of that day, you'll shine on me like this."

A/N: KJ here! I finished this chapter in America on January 2nd. It's really late and I'm sorry! I had a good time visiting Korea, meeting up with relatives and I went to SMTOWN!

Advice: NEVER go to SMTOWN when a SM idol releases a new album. And bring a lot of money.

Anyway, I hope everyone has had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year! 2018! Yay! ...