I tore my eyes from them and hurried into the school before I looked like any more of a fool than I already was. As school started it was easy avoiding the boys in the hallway, mainly because they weren't looking for me. I'll admit though, when third period came around and Rex was nowhere to be seen, I was slightly disappointed.

I tried not to let it bother me too much and I pushed him out of my head. I needed to focus on school- not boys, especially not Rex Turner. Those were Tate's exact words the other day, and I tried to cling to them like a motto. Rex didn't show up at all for class, even though he was at lunch, making a scene.

I was sitting down at the same table Rex had talked me at the other day- trying to nonchalantly eat my lunch and ignore the fact that I was eating alone like a loser- when a 'bang' echoed throughout the entire lunchroom. I thought it was the security-guard's gun going off at first, but when I glanced over at Rex's table I saw that it was flipped completely over with a very angry Rex and Trey yelling at each other.

The entire cafeteria was shocked into silence, and not because there was a fight going on, but because it was Trey and Rex fighting. Even though Rex openly dislikes everyone, he and Trey have never had so much as a public argument before. I think everyone was terrified. "It's not your fucking choice to make!" I jumped when Rex's beyond furious voice suddenly rang throughout the silent cafeteria.

"It's not yours' either! You can't tell us what to fucking do!" Trey shouted right back, and he didn't even flinch as Rex's dark eyes narrowed and he took a threatening step forward.

What are they even fighting about?

I slowly stood out of my seat- ready to run across the cafeteria and separate them if need be- when Rex dropped his voice to a dangerous whisper so only Trey could hear. But what he heard, he obviously didn't like.

"Bull fucking shit! I don't believe you give a flying fuck! If you did you wouldn't be sitting over here like a pansy bitch-" Trey's icy hard voice cut off instantly when Rex's hand shot out of nowhere and punched him square in the nose. I gasped when his heavy mountain of a body fell to the floor in a heavy heap.

Oh my god.

I was running through the tables without a second thought as I went into instant 'help' mood. It was a natural response whenever I saw someone in pain, especially someone I wanted to desperately consider my friend. Denton and Brett were already crouched next to Trey handing him napkins when I came screeching to a stop beside them. My eyes instantly started to water when I saw the blanket of blood coating the bottom half of Trey's face- and the odd angle his nose seemed to be stuck in.

"Trey-"

His eyes snapped up to mine and the bright furious green shining there slowly softened as the hot tears trickled down my cheeks. "I'm okay Princess, don't worry. My nose has been broken more times than I can count." His voice was slightly wobbly, but he still managed to send me a wink and a shaky smile.

I tried to give him one of my own as I wiped the water from my face, but I just didn't do well with violence. I glanced behind us for Rex, but he was nowhere to be seen. I frowned and turned back over to a still bleeding Trey. "Why would he punch you?" I whispered softly as he tipped his head back and pressed a handful of napkins to his nose.

He sighed and used one of the napkins to wipe the blood away from his mouth. "It's my fault. I shouldn't have antagonized him like that. He's only doing what he thinks is right."

"What do you mean?"

He tipped his head back down to stare at me as I fidgeted uncomfortably. "I think you should go talk to him. Calm him down, you know?" My eyes widened and I immediately shook my head. I guess he completely forgot about the last time he asked me to do that, but I hadn't. I didn't want that angry voice of Rex's directed at me ever again.