"I took him to my mother. He'll spend the night there, with my family"

"WHAT? WHY DID YOU DO THAT? YOU KNOW I'LL COME TO SEE HIM TODAY"

"BECAUSE.. I wanted to be alone with you tonight. We need to talk. And you'll have to hear what I got to say"

"I don't want to here anything. I'm leaving" Emir turned around and was walking towards the door.. then Zeynep spoke.

"I LOVE YOU"

Emir stopped in his tracks. Frozen in his place. Then slowly turned and looked at her.

"I love you" Zeynep repeated.

Emir took a few steps towards her. His heart was beating fast. Zeynep had tears in her eyes.

"I don't know if you feel the same way but I know how I feel. I know you said that we can't be anything more than just co-parents, but I don't really agree with you. I don't want this relationship with you I want more.. "

"Zeynep..." Emir interrupted her.

"No. Please. Just hear me out till the end" Emir nodded letting her finish.

"I'm.. I'm sorry about what I said that day. I was really mad at you and just snapped. I had this fear that you may never love me. And I still have this fear but I won't let it stop me from telling you how I feel about you"
Zeynep took a step towards him. They were so close now.
"I love you, and it's okay if you don't feel the same way, at least I tried and....."

"Zeynep.."

"But if you said that you just want us to stay friends then it's okay..."

"ZEYNEP" Emir yelled her name to get her to shut up.

Zeynep stopped her ramble and looked at him with annoyance.

"What?"

"Shut. up" Emir said. Looking at her lips

"Excuse m...."

Zeynep's words were cut by Emir's lips on hers. He kissed her like he never did before. He left her nump and airless. She couldn't even stand on her feet. If it wasn't for Emir's arms around her waist she would have fallen.

After a minute. Emir pulled back and put his forehead on hers. Both were breathing heavily.

"E..Emir?" Zeynep stuttered. Still disoriented because of the kiss.

"Mmm?"

"I still have one last thing to say"
Emir chuckled.

"Out with it Kucugum"

Zeynep pulled her head back a bit and looked at him. She swallowed thickly then uttered...

"Would you marry me?"

Zeynep asked him. Heart in her throat. Fearing his answer.
Emir breaths hitched and looked at her with surprise.

"No" he answered and Zeynep felt her whole world shutter. Her heart stopped beating. Without a word she took a step back and turned around. She was about to break down and didn't want it to happen in front of him.

Zeynep was about to walk away when Emir grabbed her, pressing her back to his chest.

"Hey.. hey..Where are you going?" He whispered to her neck.

"Yes. Yes I'll marry you"
Zeynep turned in his arms and looked at him.

"W.. what? But you just said...."

"I was just kidding Zeynep. You're not the only one who got to play. My naughty little one" Emir answered playful and Zeynep hit him on the chest. She released the breath she was holding and put her head on his chest.

"I can't believe it. You almost gave me a heart attack"

"You almost gave me a heart attack too when you said you're going out with Hakan"

"I'm sorry. Let's not play anymore" Zeynep said still burying her face in his chest.

Emir grabbed her head with both hands and raised it making her look at him.

"By the way. I love you too" Emir said looking deeply into her eyes.

"A.. are you sure?" Zeynep said still doubting him.

"I wouldn't have said it If I wasn't sure Kucugum"

Zeynep smiled. Happy tears started falling down her face. Emir took her head and kissed her deeply once again. They pulled back after minutes.

"I've prepared dinner. Let's have it together"

"Actually. Dinner is the last thing I'm thinking of right now" Emir said with a dark, husky voice. Zeynep felt her skin getting wormer with way he was looking at her. Zeybep pulled back and took his hand in hers. Pulling him after her to her bed room.

...

They were both tangled between the sheets. Zeynep's head was on his chest. Her fingers playing with the hair of his abdomen. Emir's fingers were caressing her scalp.

Zeynep moved her head and kissed his chest.

"You know. I still can't believe you asked me to marry you.. It should have came from me" Emir said.

"Ahh Emir, we both know that you won't make the proposal for at least ten years. So I should take matters into my own hands" Zeynep replied playfully with a bit of seriousness.

"What do you mean I... I was thinking about asking you oneday" Emir replied, a bit offended.

"Mmm.. I wonder when that day will be"

"Hey, I would have done it eventually. Also, I don't want people to say the Emir Kozcuglu couldn't master a simple marriage proposal.. It's not good to my Pristeje"

Zeynep giggled "Alright Mr. Ego, we won't tell anyone that I proposed. It's going to be our little secret"

"No, I'll propose to you. I'll prepare something. And you should act surprised and say yes" Emir suggested.

Zeynep laughed at his antics.
God he's such a child sometimes.

"I may say, No" Zeynep said playfully.

"You wouldn't dare"

"No, I wouldn't" She leaned on his chest, bringing her face close to him.

"Let's not fight anymore. I hate it when we fight" Zeynep said. Her lips moving over his chin.

Emir lift her head and pushed her on the bed. He moved above her and took her lips between his and both sank into each other again. A silent promises were sealed that night. A promise both were vowing not to break.