Chapter (27)

Emir was putting his jacket on when he came down the stairs. His mom saw him and asked him.
"Where are you going son? The holding?"

"No.. I'll see Poyraz and Zeynep at the park"

"Ah.. Finally" his mother said smiling
Emir looked at her confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Come here my son. Let's sit fot a little"

"I can't mother. I'll be late"

"You won't. It'l only take five minutes"

Emir sat beside his mother. His mother took his right hand in hers. And looked at him lovingly.

"Don't think that I didn't notice your behavioral change after finding Poyraz. Actually I started seeing this change since we find out that you have a son"

"What change mother?"

"You're lighter.. calmer. There's this spark in your eyes. But what I didn't understand is your Fear"

"My fear?"

"Yes.. I'm your mother. Yes I didn't raise you to be the man you are today but I know the boy I gave birth to. He's still in there" his mother put her hand over his heart.

"I know you didn't see your son since you visited him at the hospital. Why? Why keeping this distance"

Emir lowered his head.
"I can't look at him mother. I can't look at him without feeling guilt. I once wanted him dead and actually ordered him killed.. his mother had to run away to protect him from me.. I'm his father. I should be the one protecting him not the one who he run away from"

"But you're a different man now.. you care about him right?"

"I do.. but that doesn't change the fact that I almost killed him. I keep thinking of what if Tufan actually did it that night. He wouldn't have been here. And it would've been my fault.. when I found him in that container he looked at me with so much fear. I know he didn't know me. But for a second I thought that he did. He was looking at the man who wanted him dead. What was the different between me and his kidnappers?"

"Don't say that sweatheart. As I said you was a different man and thank god he had a mother like Zeynep. Poyraz is still young and needs a father. He needs you.. you have waisted so much time away from him. Don't waist more time by spending it in self loathing. You are a father, son. Go spend this precious time with him"
Emir smiled at his mother. Already feeling lighter.

"Okay.. you're right. I'll go now"
Emir gotten up and was about to go out when his mother called his name. Emir turned around.

"Yes mother?"

"Invite Zeynep to come here tomorrow. I want to see my grandchild too.. Let's spend the day together"

Emir smiled at her and nodded.

.....

Emir arrived at the park and went looking for them. He found them lying on the grasp looking at the sky and pointing things. He was able to hear their cute laughes. He approached them and sat beside them. Zeynep straightened up immediately and greeted him. Poyraz looked at him shyly.
Zeynep looked at Poyraz.

"My bird.. why don't say Hi to Emir?"

"Hi" Poyraz said in a small voice.

"Hello Poyraz.. what where you two doing? "

"We were looking at the clouds.. there's so much animals up there" Poyraz said excitedly already forgetting his shyness.

Emir looked at Zeynep confused.

Zeynep chuckled and said
"He sees shapes of animals in the clouds and take pictures of them. He loves doing that a lot".

Emir smiled at her curious to know what other things his son liked to play.

They stayed at the park for a couple of hours. Then Poyraz started feeling tired. Emir suggested to drive them home and Zeynep agreed. In the car Emir asked her if she can come to his house tomorrow. And spend the day there with their mother. Zeynep was hesitant at first but agreed eventually.

Emir was really happy. He did things today that was so out of character for him. He sat in a park with screaming children and actually enjoyed it. But most importantly, he spent some time with his son. Poyraz was shy at first but after thirteen minutes he was jumping Emir asking him to carry him around. Never in his life Emir would have imagined that he'll carry his son and play with him in a public park like normal people. This thought was an absurd dream for him when he was with Nihan. He used to follow her when she takes Deniz out and see her meet Kemal in the park and see them play together and thinking that he'll never have that. He'll never have them. But now with Poyraz here. Nothing seems impossible anymore. He has a chance to be happy.
Emir smiled at the thought and drove back home.

.......

Don't forget to vote lovelies

Inevitableजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें