Chapter (26)

Poyraz was kept at the hospital for a couple of days Zeynep hadn't left his side for a second. His condition was back to normal but he has lost weight during those ten days, but he was in a good health generally. Emir hadn't seen him since the day they found him. Every time he go to the hospital he gets into a fight with Kemal and leave without seeing his son. Several days passed and the doctors said that they can leave the hospital if they wished to.

Emir went to the hospital that morning. He didn't find Kemal or Tariq. He only found Their mother. She glared it him as usual but she didn't stop him from going to Poyraz's room. Emir went inside and found his son sitting on the bed alone. Emir stood by the door not sure if he can go closer. Zeynep was no where to be seen. He looked at his son wearing his cute little pajama playing with his iron man figure. He looked so beautiful and innocent. Suddenly Poyraz raised his head and looked at him with fear at first then confusion. Emir felt his heart stop. He was looking at his son. His own blood and flesh.

"Hello. Poyraz" Emir said worriedly not leaving his spot.

"Poyraz didn't reply at first. He just kept looking at him with confusion then he smiled a bit and said "Hi".

Emir smiled widely.

Emir approached the bed slowly and sat on the edge of the bed facing Poyraz. Poyraz frowned at him looking at him with analyzing gaze with his big brown eyes that reminded him so much of Zeynep. Then poyraz asked him "Who are you?".

Emir felt so stupid he was being analized and questioned by a three years old kid.

"My name is Emir" Emir answered and Poyraz gave him his hand for a shake saying "My name is Poyraz".

Emir's eyes went Impossibly wide. He was impressed. He expected him to be shy and scared but his son was very brave. Zeynep raised a man not a child and the thought wormed his heart. Emir grabbed Poyraz's small hand and shock it. Touching his son for the first time made him feel as if a huge broken part of his soul has been fixed. Emir had tears in his eyes, he was so grateful for the chance the life gave him. For the chance Zeynep gave him. Just at the thought the door of the room opened and Zeynep came in.

Zeynep stopped at the door not believing what she was seeing. Emir is sitting on the bed near Poyraz gripping his little hand. Emir and Poyraz looked at her. Emir gethered himself quickly and stood.

"I wanted to see him" Emir said nervously.

"Ah.. it's okay. Ummm.Good morning?"

"Good morning"

Zeynep was carrying a tray with Poyraz's breakfast she walked around the bed and put the tray in front of Poyraz. She was nervous. She knew this day was coming but seeing Emir and her son so close like that made her heart skip a beat. She didn't know if it was out of love or fear.

Zeynep recovered quickly and filed these thoughts for later.

"Alright prince. Let's feed you now so we can go home"

"We're going home. I miss dogy"
Zeynep chucked.

"No baby we're not going to our home we're going to my family's home"

"So we won't see dogy?"

"No. I'm afraid not. Sorry to disappoint"

"Dis.. disampoint?"

"No. Disappointe"

"It's a hard word mommy" Zeynep chuckled again.

She started feeding him slowly. Emir was silent all the time. He sat on the chair beside the bed and kept looking at them. Poyraz was so smart. He was asking about a lot of things. And Zeynep was answering all his questions patiently. It was impressive.

Zeynep was aware of Emir watching them, she knew it was weird moments for him therefore she didn't won't to make him incomfortable. Also, Emir's presence hadn't escaped Poyraz's attention. He kept glancing at him while eating. Zeynep noticed that and said.

"My son, have you meet my friend Emir?"

Poyraz nodded but didn't say anything.

Zeynep looked at Emir..
"Sorry. He's not so talkative in front of strangers" Zeynep said and noticed a look in Emir's eyes that resembled guilt. So, she back tracked
"I mean he doesn't know you yet. As soon as he does he'll blow your ears off" Zeynep said trying to ease his guilt. Emir smiled softly.

Suddenly Poyraz looked at Emir and asked him.
"Do you have a dog?"

Zeynep laughed. Emir opened his mouth not sure how he was supposed to answer. Zeynep saved him.

"No baby, he doesn't have dog"
Zeynep looked at Emir.

"He loves dogs so much. But he's still so young to have one. Dogy is the dog of our neighbors" Zeynep clarified and Emir just nodded and smiled.

The following days were a blessing for everyone. Zeynep was living with her family and everyone was happy having Poyraz with them. The boy was so energetic and couldn't stop talking and he almost lost his mind when he found out that they his uncle Tariq has a dog and birds. He played with Tariq all the time. He also got to know Deniz and he loved her on instincts.

Emir was calling Zeynep from time to time asking about Poyraz's well being. He couldn't visit them again after his visit in the hospital. He was keeping his distance which is something Zeynep didn't expect.

One day Zeynep took Poyraz outside.. she wanted to show him Istanbul. They were used to the sea where they live in Bodrum but seeing the big city was something new to Poyraz. He was fascinated by the amount of cars and people.

She took him to the park to play a little. Poyraz was chasing some bird while Zeynep was watching him.

Suddenly her phone rang. It was Emir. Zeynep replied quickly.

"Hello"

"Hey.. how are you? You two?" Emir asked a bit nervously.

"We're grear?" Zeynep replied carefully.

"I just called to check"

"Okay"

They stayed silent for seconds. Zeynep didn't know why she was feeling awkward all of sudden. Emir too. He was acting weird. He was keeping his distance. Zeynep thought that maybe he doesn't want to be part of their lives. Maybe he still doesn't want to be a father and doesn't seem to know how to act around them. Or perhaps he's just feeling guilty, which is something she never associated with Emir. A thought came to her mind and she took breath and risked asking him.

"Um. We are outside now. Poyraz wanted to see Istanbul. We are in a park..."

"Ah.. That's great"

"Um... Do you want to join us?"
Zeynep asked him and held her breath. Not sure about his answer.

After a few seconds. Emir replied
"Um .. sure I'll be glad. Send me your Location"

"Okay.. we.. we will wait for you"

"Alright. See you then"

Zeynep closed the phone and released a breath.

That was awkward.