Chapter 4

JACK

"Hey Jack that party was pretty great yesterday, am I right? Daniel was asking me in gym class. We were having a free day so you know we already shooting hoops. As he said it, it reminded me of how that horrible bitch kissed me. How dare he even do that. I'm not even gay and I didn't even lead him. He was just a random nobody that came out of nowhere.

I glance in his direction to see him throwing headshots at his friend, Corbyn I think. He is laughing and smiling but then I notice a red mark on his face. I'm smile at the slap I gave him still on his skin and you can see the handprint. Serves him right.

"Yeah I had a marvelous time," I say through gritted teeth.

~2 Weeks Later~

A few weeks have past, won a few basketball games, went to a few parties, had some time with Addison to relieve stress. School has been alright but I'm getting pretty bored. The bell rings. Yay another class.

I take my seat in World History and the teacher, Mrs. Nut is grinning like an idiot. Oh no today's the day. In this class there is a project done every year. The teacher to this class doesn't really changed or so have I heard from people who had this teacher.

Once everyone has sat down in their seats she begins talking. "So class today we're gonna be doing a big project." The class just sits in silence. "The project you will be doing is about the countries of the world." "This is a partner project so I will assign you a partner and a country." Ughhh I hate partner projects. Oh she still isn't done talking.

"Before I assign you guys partners, I want to handout the rubric." She says while handing out rubrics. "As you can see on the rubrics this is a semester long project and some will be done in class but then some will have to be done on your own time. This project also requires you to learn about a country, how the government works there, the culture and traditions, and a day in the life. "Those will be 3 parts and you have to do a essay on each part. There also a poster that needs to be done on it and you will present that poster to the whole class and on Country Day at the end of the semester" What the fuck is this, this shit is wasting to much time.

"Oh and on Country Day, I expect you to wear something from their culture, food originated from there, and a speech about the country in general. She says in so much enthusiasm that I almost forgot this was a boring project and dare I say it interesting.

Everyone start to whisper to their friends and then Mrs.Nut said, "Now I will assign your partners." She then read off a list on her desk.

" Corbyn and Lejla , Daniel and MeKenzie, Jonah and Aaron, Jack and Zach, Quinn and ......" I stopped listening after that and turned to look at Zach. He looked surprised and looked at me. I glare at him and I'd watch him gulp.

My attention was brought back to Mrs.Nut when she said, "And their will be absolutely no partner changes unless it's absolutely necessary as in someone dying."

Shit I will have to work with him, he doesn't even deserve to hear his name come out of my mouth. "So get with your partners and I will come around to let you pick your countries out of a bowl."

I refused to stand and not even glance at him. I didn't care if I got a bad grade or if he even made an effort to come over here. If he wanted to do this project he will do it by himself. Speak of the devil I hear the chair beside me scrap the floor as he scooted it towards me.

"Hi," he said I didn't make an effort to speak to him not even notice him I just acted like the was invisible. I was beyond angry so I'm sure my face was showing it. I just waited for the teacher to come around with the bowl.

She arrived at my desk and I didn't make an effort to draw so Zach did it. I didn't care at all, I just waited staring at the clock intensely, dreading this class to be over but we still had twenty minutes like how is that even possible,it felt like I been here an hour already.

"So we got Mexico, Jack." He said. I just continue to ignore him. But then he waved his hand in my face. I just turned to glance at him and simply blinked an eye.

"Mrs.Nut, can you come over here?" Zach asked. I looked at him, to see him trying to get our teachers attention. Great what's he gonna do.

I listen to their conversation. Zach asked her if he could change partners but really caught my ear was when she said she wouldn't. "Well we don't really get along and he wouldn't talk to me," he said.

"Well If Jack wants to be that way I'm sure he wouldn't mind being kicked off the basketball team."

"What," I practically yelled and now I had all attention on Mrs. Nut.

"If you don't contribute to this project you will fail and not be able to be on the basketball team because this is a big project." She said looking concern. I then gave her a pout that usually fools most people. She has to adore me since I'm the basketball star. Cocky much?

I kept looking at her to see if she will change her mind. She look confused so she asked, "Are you ok? "No there is no problem then," I said and she then walked off. I look at Zach to see him smiling sheepishly at me. I pull his collar to make sure he is listening.

"Ok let's get this straight, this doesn't make us friends. We're gonna do the project and won't associate ourselves other than this project. If I see you trie to flirt with me or do something gay, I swear that slap I gave you will be nothing compared to what I will do to you." I then release his collar that make him fall hard in his seat. He doesn't say anything, good I scared him.

The bell rings finally. I get up and walk out I need to get as far away as possible from that gayness. I still can't believe I got stuck with him after I told him to stay the hell with him. Why does this happen to me. Ughhh.

So life sucks right now because I have no friends but anyways I love writing this story and leave comments because I love to read them. Thanks for reading my dumb writing. ❤️