Chapter 8

ZACH

"Zach"

"Zach," I heard my name being called that pulled me out of a daze. I was staring out the window of the classroom of my first class. Yesterday going to Jack's was not ok. A couple of weeks ago I would have been super excited to be invited to his house but now I wish I never had been. After I went I felt so depressed and didn't get any sleep. Now I have bags under my eyes and try to be distant.

I look to the owner of the voice. It was Corbyn, I should of known he would know something was up. He is one of my closest friends of course he would know. He even knew I was gay before I even told him. "Zach you were in some kind of daze, you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just didn't get any sleep last night." I say pulling on a smile for good measure.

"Sure, probably thinking how amazing it went at Jack's house." He said teasingly.

I didn't reply because the bell ringed and the teacher closed the door signaling class was beginning. So Corbyn had to turn around in his seat which he sat in front of me. Also the fact I couldn't tell him that it did go amazing, but I didn't want that.

So I averted my gaze back to the window. I love the window it distracts me from this class. Since Jack isn't here, shut up. But I do pay attention, you know trying to have a bright future here, bitch. I just rather listen than give the teacher my full attention so multitasking I guess.

"So class we have a new student," Mrs. Abe said. I didn't look up because nothing important really, it's not like their gonna be my new best friend.

"Her name is Jem and you can go sit beside Zach. Shit I forgot there was a open seat beside me. So I avery my gaze to see this girl.

She had brown hair and brown eyes. Nothing special right but she screamed classic bitch to me. The way she wore a skirt that was barely dress code and wore high heels. What is this, I thought we were at school, why so dressed up? She walk toward me with her hips swaying. We locked eyes and she smirked then winked at me. I instantly rolled my eyes as she sat down beside me. Yay another Addison at this school, I'm sure she will fit right in. Anyways back to the window that rather deserves my attention.

"Zach I also expect you to show her around since she is new." I look back up toward the teacher and groan.

"Sure," I say trying real hard not to sound rude.

***

I got up from my seat as fast I could. I'm sure some other guy can show Jem around, she probably already has guys practically falling at her feet for her. I finally made it out of the class and out in the hallway.

"Hey Zach wait up," I hear and stop as someone grabs my arm. I turn around to see Jem.

"What, I'm kinda busy trying to get to my next class," I say as I started walking with her following me because I could hear her heels click on the ground.

"Your suppose to be showing me around, remember?" She saids looking at me. Longingly I think?

"Get someone else to do it."

"But I want you to do it."

"Why?" I say.

"Because..... the teacher told you to do it," she said stumbling over her words a bit.

"Fine gimme your schedule," I say. She hands me the schedule. Dang we have 5 of the 8 classes together.

"Well follow me, I guess we have the same class next." She looks at me with a smile. Why is she blushing? I know for a fact she is not like me with red tinted cheeks because she is not pale enough. She is pretty tan if you ask me.

***

I sit down at the lunch table. Corbyn and Jonah are already here sucking each other faces. I glance over to Jack's table. The crazy thing is he happens to be looking at me as I look over at him but he looks away as I look at him. Maybe he just happen to look in my direction. But I continue to look over at him, longingly, I know right? Pathetic.

As I continue to look toward him until something blocks my eye path. It's Jem. This bitch again. She then just casually sits down beside me. She even interrupts Jonah and Corbyn makeout sess to look at her. She then just continues eating food while everyone stares at her.

"What are you doing here Jem?" I ask.

"Well your the only person I know since I'm pretty shy and I thought maybe I would sit with you but I'll go if you want," she says looking very shy. I don't know why she look so confident when I first met her.

"No it's fine, and these are my friends Jonah and Corbyn. I point in their direction.

"Hi." They say at the same time and go back to what they do best. Making me feel like a third wheel.

"Oh wow they're.......interesting?" She says while watching them questionably also raising a nervous eyebrow. Then she looks at me and we both start bursting out in laughter.

She then adds, " I wish I could have something like that to be honest tho."

"Same they're like the perfect couple," I say and we both continue to laugh.

We start talking about something else and she is actually pretty interesting. I also continue to look at her and I notice her eyes are really pretty and her face looks so perfect. My eyes are starting to wander downward but then realization hits me. Am I checking her out? I never check out girls just guys. I am gay right? Yeah she just gonna be a good friend right and has to be nothing more.

Then another realization hits me. For the first time in a very long time, I have not been staring at Jack not even a glance. I got so distracted I forgot I was in the same room as him. No this can't be happening not to me I already have so many problems already.