It Wasn't That Hard, Now Was It, Cake-Eater?

Brittney Bombay ended up going back to LA with her father. Mattie was grounded for two weeks because she had slept outside and had gotten a cold, which prevented her from going to school for three days. With her mother upset, she didn't deny to that it was her fault. Because it indeed was. Charlie was in trouble by his mother and sentenced to chores for a week. Adam had recieved the letter from brittney a month and half after it had been written from Mattie. It had been forgotten and was left on the desk.

Brittney and her team, the Thunderbirds, had won the playoffs and went to state. Winning silver. The Ducks ended up styaing at Eden Hall. Though, brittney knew that she wasn't coming back home for a little while. In fact, what she didn't know is that she wasn't coming home until the end of her sophomore year,when she kept a promise to someone dear to her. She had told them that she'd be back in the summer, but ended up never going because she went to hockey camp for two summers in a row with most of her teammates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two years later...

Mattie's POV

It's Christmas in a couple weeks and I'm really excited. Mom has gone Christmas shopping for the day and I'm at Adam's place. His parents were out of town. They left Yesterday morning and will be back tonight, meanwhile, we're doing what ever at his place. He's been at my place a lot, and we've been killing it for hockey. This year along, we've won most of our games, except for two, because we lost one and tied the second.

"This year we aren't buying gifts for one another, right?" He asked me. I nodded. I had already bought him something. I can't tell him, if he finds out, he'll be off to buy me something and he doesn't need to.

"Nope," I replied, handing him a cup of raspberry sparkling juice. Don't worry, it's not an alcoholic drink and if it was, my mother would kill me. I can't have that. She isn't super strict, she only gets upset when I disobey her rules. One time, I had left my shoes on in the house and she made me scrub the floors after she gave me a lecture on why I'm not suppose to wear shoes. I still wear them in the house, just not when she's home.

We heard the doorbell ring and we both brought our heads toward the doorway of the kitchen. "I'll be back," He said and left. I walked over to the back door and stepped outside on to the porch with my drink in hand. His was on the counter, but I would've brought it. I just didn't know if he wanted it out here or not.

I also came out here because I didn't need to eavesdrop on a conversation that he could be having with who ever at the door. I've overheard on this one time, it was awful. His neighbour had walked over to tell him to stop shooting hockey pucks towards their house. When it was just a mistake. In this neighbourhood, everyone is rich, which means there's snobs in a bunch of these houses. And I can't disagree, I'm one of those snobs too.

I remember how loud Larson, McGill, Brittney, Adam, and I were when we were young andwould play outside together after school and on weekends. I do miss those days because those were the days when all of us were together and had a great time, even on the days where parents brought us home because of early curfews or simply because the elders or newly weds didn't want to hear kids running around after school or early in the morning.

"Matt!" I heard him holler. I walked back inside and headed to the front door. I walked up behind Adam, setting an arm on his shoulder as I half leaned against him. At the door was McGill. I felt bad for seieng him the way he is, but he kinda deserved it. I was pist off at him. After our freshmen year, during the summer, some of the Hawks, Adam, and I had all gotten back together as friends. But McGill didn't want to be just friends, and I guess I hadn't told himt hat I had a boyfriend, who I've been dating for over two years now.

Eden Hall's Girls- A D3 Fanfic On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara