That's You, Jack, Or Hunter

Brittney's POV

"Let's go JV Thunderbirds!" I heard CJ yell. It was noon and I was with my friends eating in the cafeteria. My friends were kind a crushing on some of the guys on my hockey team, and had asked how I didn't blow up at them. But they don't know the entire story. It's only been about a month since I've been here. 

The hockey team is going strong, we've won our first game of the season by three points last night. Hence the reason CJ was yelling it throughout the cafeteria. It was an amazing feeling too, we had went to their school and crushed them in their own territory. The team was still not fully a team. Some still fought, and Curtis did tone it down with me. He's learnt my forces, after scoring a hat trick at last night's game and saving two breakaway players from scoring. He kinda accepted me as one of the boys.  Jack and Finely's arguments didn't stop. Johnny and Pierce couldn't stand each other, they couldn't even look at one another.

Gabrielle tapped my shoulder with her fork as I was watching my teammates all argue what hockey team is the best this year. "Who's the one who yelled?" She asked.

"That's CJ," I heard, and Felix had taken his seat next to me. Setting his tray filled with food on the table. Honestly, Felix and I have gotten along real well together. We had gotten assigned to one another as partners for a presentation in history class about Renaissance.  "and he's a real show off," 

We all look over at CJ who was standing at their table and putting bets down, which was to out beat the best player on the team in a shooting competition. I roll my eyes playfully. Felix usually sits with the team. He's sat with my friends and I about three times now, this is his fourth. We have learnt that CJ is definetly a show off. Felix is doing better now, he hasn't gotten beat up by any of our teammates. And Curtis hasn't apologised, he still thinks that Felix deserves it. I've ignored it completely because it's bull. "That's you, Jack, or Hunter," Felix commented.

"Man, you're a better scorer than most of the guys your team?" Fallen asked. 

I nodded, with a smile. "Guess that's why I'm here and not in Minnesota,"

They all nod, they all knew I wasn't from here. They all knew I was from the Games, and had competed with the Ducks and my twin sister, and my father who was the Games too. Lunch was coming to a short end, and Felix and I left down the hall. Our lockers weren't even close to one another. I was close to Brock, but what was it. "Hey, I was wondering when we could get together to work on that presentation. It's due in a couple days,"

"Well, we don't have practice tonight, if you want to come over," I replied.

He nods. "Sounds like a plan," And we branch off our own ways. 

At the end of the day, I hopped on the bus and took my seat with Fallen while Gabrielle sat next to us. She was actually Jack's twin sister. It kinda made sense though, they looked alike, they would probably look alike even more if they were the same gender. But then again, some twins who are boy and girl can look the exact same too, their faces and all. 

Anyways, Coach Evans has this team bonding trip planned out. The one I was hoping that didn't happen. But had spoken to Varsity's Coach and he had suggested that to Coach Evans for us. Varisty was doing it too, which made sense. But I wasn't in the mood for some bonding thing, it meant being with them 24/7 for like two-three days. But on the bright side, I have no plans and I'll probably have some fun.

Getting off the bus at my house. Felix followed me off the bus and we headed to my place. When we arrived after walking down the block, he stood there amazed. "Woah, your house is almost bigger than mine," I chuckled. "What?" He asked.

"I had thought that yours was smaller, by the way you were sizing it up," I replied, and he simply shook his head.

My school was a preppy school just as much as Matt's was. We had the same rules, and what not. Most were here because they were rich kids and most had scholarships too, some for sports and some for academics. I was here on a full academic and athletic scholarship.

We walked into my house and took our shoes off. I didn't know where exactly we were going to work on this presentation. I figured that maybe we could work in the dinning room since there's room for our poster. So, I led him there. He had looked around the place while I had left and got us water bottles from the fridge and some pencils or what ever. 

Sitting down, after putting everything away and getting ready to work on this project, the phone rang. I got back up as Felix had gotten out his notes for the project. I picked up the phone and brought it to my ear. "Hello?" I asked.

"Hey Britt, it's Adam," I heard him. And even if he didn't say it was his name, I still knew it was him. Over the course of summer and over the last month and a half of school, I had become great friends with Adam. In fact, we went to that summer end of the year dance together, as friends though. We orignally went alone, but then my mom had pushed me into asking Adam to join me to dance since he was sitting alone watching the others dance. Matt had brought Charlie, and he was the only Duck there, considering this was at our school and not the Ducks'.

Grabbing the phone, I headed out to the balcony where it was quieter. It wasn't loud in the house, I just didn't need Felix to over hear us, ya know? And I wouldn't bother him either if I was talking too much or too less. I'd actually need to let Adam go because it's rude to invite a friend over to work with them on a school presentation and then ditch them when the phone rings.

I stood out on the balcony, leaning against the glass door, instead of walking further out because of where the phone was, I couldn't walk any further. But it amazes me how long the cord on this phone is. My room isn't as long, but it's still long. "What's up, Adam? You usually don't call at this time,"

It was about four, which meant it was about to five where he is. He usually calls when it's seven here and nine there. He's called me about five times since I've moved. It's either been because I was busy or he was busy. I guess he's figured out what time I'm usually around at. "Nothing much, I just thought I'd call. I'm kinda bored, with no practice tonight or anything,"

"I see," I hesitated to tell himt hat I really needed to go.But before I could, Felix had spoke first.

"Brittney! Where's the glue!" He hollered. I walked inside.

"It's in that red case," I replied, pointing to my red case on the table on my side. he nods and gives me a thumbs up, since he now had glue.

"Who's that?" He asked. His voice becoming a little worried, or even angered, for some odd reason.

"A friend. Anyways, sorry Adam, but I'm busy. I have some homework to do. I'll call you later though or tomorrow if I'm not busy,"

Before he could reply, I hung up the phone first. If I didn't hang up, he would've  replied, and we would've been still talking. Placing the phone back where it belings, I head back to the table and work on the presentation with Felix. He had told me that he had to begone by five because he had some sort of important thing with his family. 

"You never talk about Adam. Who is he?" Felix asked, stopping what he was doing while I continued. He just sat there and started drinking water from his bottle while he awaited me to respond.

I sigh. "A friend, from back home,"

He nods. "Must be hard. Having to restart at a new school and all,"

I nod this time, agreeing with him. "Even if I was there. I'd be going to a new school on scholarship too. Though, he made Varsity instead of staying on JV,"

"He's that good? At fourteen?" Felix asked, amazed by Adam.

"Yeah, he's a little better than I am,"

"He must be really good then, since you're like one of the best on our team,"

I chuckle and shake my head playfully, and he gets back to work. I wondered what amazed him so much about Adam. He overheard, but at least someone knows who one of my friends are from back home. None of them know the others of course, but they've watched the games. Only seen the names on our jerseys, which our are last names. And that doesn't help much. But seeing that Felix knows, it's kinda good, I guess.