I'm Gonna Kill Him

Brittney's POV

Being home alone for the past hour was killing me. I was bored, and homework was stressing me out. I came back from my run about forty minutes ago and Matt has been at the dance for the past hour and a half, and my mother had decided on having a night for herself since she had originally thought of being alone. She offered for me to join, but I denied and told her that I'd rather focus on homework.

You know, Matt has called the three times for far to attempt to get me to come. And the on the third time, she had told me how it'd be great to surprise the entire team. I did take that into consideration. Seeing that I was alone, and well, maybe I can go see the team. It was going to take me about an hour because I need to have a shower because I smell, and someone can definitely tell that I've gone for a run for an hour.

I got off my bed and walked down the hall to the washroom. I knew I had a dress. I have lots of dresses in my closest and some of them I haven't worn while others I have. It wasn't going to be hard to pick one, they all looked the same either with different colors or patterns. The dress was fitted to my body until my hips and then puffed out a little. Sometimes it was either a plain color, pattern and color, pattern and jewels, or jewels and color. I think that tonight I could go for jewels and color. A violet dress with silver bling? It sounds all right to me.

After my shower,  I had gotten dressed and did my hair. I didn't bother with make up. I had only lightly put on eye shadow and lipstick, nothing major. Going to this dance did feel really weird because this wasn't my school. But if I had went with one  of the boys, then I'd be considered their date and it wouldn't be awkward. But I'm going alone, so there's a difference.

While putting my shoes on before I left, I was thinking about something. I knew that I kinda wanted to share a dance with one of the boys, but didn't know if I could. Maybe they had a date, and they don't know I'm here. But I'm mostly going to have a good time and Matt really does want me there. And now, I'm going, even though I am second guessing myself.

I grabbed my nicer jacket and headed out. It wasn't far from here actually. A couple blocks and I liked thinking. So really, it didn't bother me much that I had to walk. I liked it. In LA, we have playoffs around the corner, and seeing that my sister's successfully made it and won, it's beyond amazing. Her team didn't get along well with the Coach, but look at them now! Charlie's captain again, the Ducks are back, and they're all happy.

Arriving at the school, I had seen Averman first who standing outside with a drink in his hands and was looking up at the sky. He was alone out here, why, it was beyond me. "Hey Averman," Walking up to him, I spoke up, spooking him a little. "gotcha," I laughed.

He looks down and over at me. "Matt, I thought you were inside dancing with your honey," He said, laughing a little bit.

Obviously he didn't realise that I was Brittney and not Mattie. " It's nice to see you too," I mumbled.

"What?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing, have you seen the others? By the way, it's Brittney. Matt's in there," I replied, pointing to the doors.

He stops what he's doing and looks around confusedly. I cock a brow and cross my arms as I stand there. "No, but I know that Adam's at the punch bar,"

I looked at him like he was stupid. "Adam?" I questioned. "Out of all of you is serving drinks?"

Averman walks over to me and hands me his drink. "Yeah. Said something about a girl crushing his heart," And then tapped my cheek and walked inside. I followed behind him, asking if he knew who it was. I just wanted to know if he knew, because I didn't want to know that that some girl was me and that I crushed his heart. I didn't know, he seemed cool when I told him.