Hey, Britt...

Brittney's POV

I was half asleep in class today. I couldn't keep my head up, or my eyes open. I couldn't stop yawning and when I had about fallen asleep, the teacher spoke up. "Miss Bombay," She said sternly, her hands on her hips. Everyone in their seats turns and looks at me. I sit up with the cheesiest grin on my face, and wave like a bafoon. "when was the era of global war?"

"1914-1945, Miss Genevieve,"

She nods, and turns around, facing the board where she continue to write on the chalk board about the events of 1914-1945 as hte rest of us write it down on a timeline sheet. I hated this class, the teacher was such a snob and so uptight. But we were the best of the best at this school. We didn't have to wear uniforms, and for the first year ever since I was in like the second or third grade, I can wear what I want to school.

Though, there's a dress code. I haven't broken it and don't plan on breaking it either. I always wore uniforms which were up to date with the dress code and anyone who violated it got into trouble, sometimes even a detention. I don't recall remembering any of my friends who had gotten it. I remember hearing a girl in an older grade when I was in the fifth who had detention for wearing a short skirt with too much make up.

I knew that Matt would never do such a thing like that either. She was never one to really do that sort of thing, and nor was I. We're rich, sure, but we wouldn't dress snob like. We'd wear what most wore, they just looked newer, I guess. And most of the time we wore uniforms.

This reminds me, I gotta talk to her and the others tonight. I might just email them, since that's what she's been doing. I've been way too busy lately with regulr games and practices, and then pop up practices too. And then grocery shopping with my dad since he doesn't know what I eat and don't eat. Or going out to fancy places for his meetings. Or I'm out meeting new people and stuff. Just those regular things. But hey, at least we don't go shopping for an entire day. When we go, it's for like two hours, maybe three.

I had a lot on my mind today. Hockey. The team bonding trip which seems more and more exciting as the boys talk about it. School work. Matt. My mom. The Ducks. I'd say it's hard being away from my mom, and it is a little but at the same time it's not. With my dad, I didn't miss him much because he wasn't always there. My first year without him was hard, but I had adjusted and realised he wasn't coming back.

But look at us now. He's back and to stay, for now, until he gets a job somewhere else or something. And I miss my mom, Matt, and the Ducks back home. I guess I miss my mom because I've been with her everyday of my life since I was young. And now I had packed up and left with my dad. I haven't seen her in almost a month in a half. We left last week of August so we were able to settle down a little before I headed off to school and he headed off to work full time.

After class, I grabbed my books and headed to the library where I had a study period, per say. I didn't know what else to call it. But I get one a day and it helps me to catch up on work or do homework and what not. I guess you could call it a spare, but that word makes it seem like I do jack during that class. So I prefer study hall, I guess.

Taking my seat at a computer, I set my books on the table next to me. There was a bunch of kids ranging in grades who had been sitting here prior to my arrival, and they were doing work. I was going to check my email and see if any of my friends back home had emailed me or anything. Adam seemed to email a little less than he use to when I first arrived here, while Matt and I are try to send one every night to sum up our days. We're not talking through the phone, but instead by email which works just as well.

Opening my email, I see one email from today and a second from last night that I didn't read. Adam had sent one last night and Matt sent me one this morning. I decided to read Matt's first, since she's my sister of course.

Hey Britt,
How're you doing today? Personally, I'm pretty anxious. Charlie and the team had decided to get revenge on Varsity because they ditched us at a fancy restaurant which costed us the entire night to pay off a 857$ bill. Since getting them back last night, we all had agreed to a showdown. I don't really want to go, it's not what I want. We could jeopordize our scholarships. Charlie's going strong about this and wants me there, but I couldn't bare to try and ruin everything for myself. My mind's spinning just thinking about this. ANd what happens if we do get caught? When Dad finds out I ruined everything for myself? And mom? She'll blow a gasket! And we're not even suppose to be talking to Varsity or doing anything like this untilt he Freshmen-Varsity Showdown that's at the end of the season. ANd the team's fading very little, no one likes Coach Orion, except myself. Gosh, I don't know what to do. Got any ideas?

~M-R.B

I sank in my seat, pondering about what she should do. I mean, it's a good idea to not participate at all. Whether Charlie tells her or not. If I were, I would do what's best for myself. Even if that means hurting the team by not going and having Charlie upset. Charlie's protective of my sister, not just because they're dating, but because I'm not there. We usually do stick up for one another but it will be harder, ya know? And seeing that Adam isn't always around nowadays either.

I sat up straight, cracked my knuckles and got ready to reply to my sister's email.

Hey Matt,
I'm doing great today! I'm super excited for my team bonding camping trip that's coming up. How are you? I do wish I could be there to help, but it's kinds hard with hockey and school here. Anyways, I know I'm not you and all. But I believe that you should stay true to yourself, and do what you think is right. Even if that means the team being uupset at you and Charlie. Tell him to screw off and that you don't want to ruin your future there. I would say that, though, you may not have the guts to say that to your boyfriend. Remember, Charlie's a sweet boy, and so are the others. I just know that in cases like these, something always goes bad. The tensions between both your teams is high enough. Imagien if one of them hit you guys hard enough to knock one of you out of season? No one wants that, and I mean it. I guess that's all I really gotta say, considering it isn't my problem, though, I'd love to help. I hope you make the best decision, don't be stupid, Matt. I know you'll make the right choice.

~B.B

And with that, I sent the email to her and got back to studying since I have a test coming up on monday. I can't miss it.