CHAPTER 15 PART 1

N/A: Hey there guys! Hope you're enjoying the holidays. I'm just writing to let you know I'll be going home with the missus for New Year's so I won't be updating anything for about two or three weeks. However, I'll upload three or four chapters in a road today, (I think, I might be wrong) to compensate. Hope you're spending time with your loved ones and hope to see you soon. Happy Holidays and happy New year!

The day before I was supposed to leave for training, I allowed myself to feel all the anger I had repressed, I trashed my room the way a rock star would. No stone was left unturned. I locked the door and turned everything upside down, tears falling down my eyes as I did. I tried to stay positive. This is just another step in my life, this is just another... another... way...

After I had ruined my room, I let my mother walk in and hug me. My dad stood by the doorway, like a ghost. I had never hated someone as much as I hated him then.

Before I went to bed, in my trashed up bedroom, I packed everything making sure I wasn't leaving anything important behind. I grabbed three love letters Faye had written for me in the last five years of our relationship. A picture of Louise, Mike, Scott and even Bill, all gathered up in front of the camera after a long day of playing paintball. Another picture of Faye, a small one, something I could carry with me at all times. I packed the best clothes I owned and a couple of books to pass the time. An empty bottle of perfume of the fragrance Faye used to wear. A shirt that belonged to her but she didn't use anymore since it was to worn down. I also carried a picture of my family, I removed my dad from the frame; and a picture of the Burtons, plus an Elvis Presley album Mr. Burton had given me. It included Can't help falling in love.

I remember I couldn't sleep. I rolled over from one side of the bed to the other, counting sheep and doing breathing exercises but my mind kept revolving around the day to come, the tears we'd shed, the goodbyes. I managed to close my eyes and get some rest at nearly two AM. I got up at six to take shower and eat breakfast. I went to the Burton's home to pick up Faye, who wanted to go with me to the bus stop. How could I say no? I hugged Barbara and Eric Burton and promised them I would take care of myself and nothing would happen to me. Looking back on it, I probably shouldn't have promised that.

My father drove us to the bus station. The whole family was there to say goodbye. Even Scott showed up saying he couldn't just let me go without a hug and a good luck. As the bus got ready to leave, I hugged my family. I hugged Connor and made him promise he would take care of mom, I hugged mom and told her I loved her, thanked her for everything she'd done for me, for how she had tried to be there for me and support me. I hugged Scott and asked him to take care of Faye. She'd be alone and sad and I wanted her to have someone who could be there for her. I let go of Scott and stared at my dad.

"Dad," was everything I said as a goodbye.

"I'm very proud of you, Riley."

I snorted "Like I care."

The bus was about to leave so I walked up to Faye, whose eyes were watering, but she held a smile on her face until the last moment. I wrapped my arms around her tight. I swear I could hear our hearts breaking. I smelled her hair, kissed her cheeks and her lips.

"I'll come back, I promise." I whispered to her ear.

"And I'll wait. I promise. Just write as often as you can, okay?"

I nodded "I love you." I said trying not to cry. I was supposed to stay strong for the both of us.

Faye let her tears roll down like crystals falling from a cascade. "I love you, too. So much. I'll love you forever."