Chapter 56 | Home

Start from the beginning

"First...don't do that" Zaire raised a brow, he pointed at her crossed arms, "second....I love you" he gave her an Oscar winning smile.

I love you.

The three words he has kept repeating to her, not a day has gone by since Arian has vanished where he hasn't told Jenn he loved her. It was the fear she could die any day and Arian isn't here to keep her promise.

Whatever or whoever has killed Jenn in his dream, it must be someone he couldn't fight against, someone he was useless against because even in the dream, if it was someone he could fight, Jenn wouldn't die. It isn't possible, he wouldn't let it happen.

Arian isn't here, the only person who could be able to protect her. He hasn't taken a blow on his pride to ask for help for her to disappear.

Now...the only thing he can do is to search and wait.

.....And tell the love of his life his feelings in the hope when it comes to the point of no return she will remember those three words.

The words he will repeat only for her.

Her voice pulled him out of his thoughts "Zaire--...Zaire" he felt her fragile arms around his neck pulling him down to her. He felt her warmth making his heart speed up but strangely the same warmth calmed his demons.

"You are...crying..." Jenn muttered, her eyes narrowed at the wall behind him.

"you are delusional" he whispered back.

"Then is it your drool on my chest?" She raised a brow at him, she knew he was too proud to stand for his tears.

"Maybe you are lactating?" He wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her closer. His head wandered higher, he breathed in her scent calming his mind.

He chuckled at Jenn's small fists that tried to hit his back, but in vain since he couldn't say he felt anything but a feather brushing his back.

"Really?" Jenn huffed.

He left a lingering kiss on her neck before answering "Really."

A bored voice interrupted their almost romcom type moment, "Ah...my poor eyes"

Zaire swiftly hid Jenn behind his broad back and growled at the intruder, the heavy smell of blood alarming him.

A figure covered in dried blood waved at them, "I see that I haven't been missing much" Arian muttered leaning against the door frame.

"Blackburn..." Zaire took a step foreward not believing that the person he has turned his territory and beyond upside down is right in front of him.

Arain's nose wrinkled in distaste "What is this sentimentality in your eyes Walker? I could puke"

"No..no" Jenn's voice came foreward, her voice shaky in shock. She stormed at Arian, her hands trembled as she took Arian's tattered sweater in her hands, she felt fresh blood on it. Arian read her mind and answered.

"The fresh blood is not mine...I met some rogues on the way here" Arian looked Jenn in the eyes, silver meeting hazel. Arian didn't even bat an eyelash telling the truth, it didn't move her at all that she killed people even if they were rogues, lives are lives.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!" her voice screeched, it wasn't for the lives she has taken but for the fact that Jenn couldn't find Arian anymore. Arian smiled at her, a cold shuddering smile wiped of any warmth.

"Y-you have...these eyes again, what happened Arian?" Jenn took a terrified step back. She has seen her like this once and hoped to never see her like this again. Her presence was unhuman like.