Part 1

Picture of Tyler

"Mayhem, sit." I laughed, Mayhem staring intently at my plate. He sat down, almost being underneath the table.

My peer Darin sat a few tables away, but still kept his watch on me. He always helped me, when I would have seizures he would be right there at my aid.

I got a little lost in my thoughts before Mayhem started barking. I collapsed, hitting my head on the tile floor. Mayhem pressed his head to my chest. I had a small censor implanted the reacts to magnetic forces, there was a small magnet in Mayhem's vest. The censor sent pulses to my brain, stopping my seizures before I was badly hurt.

Darin's POV

I ran over to Tyler, helping him up once Mayhem had stopped the seizure. I helped him get back into his seat, the cafeteria was silent.

"Are you okay Tyler?"

"Yeah. I just hit my head, I'll be fine."

"Do you need your meds?"

"Y-yeah." He stuttered.

I picked up his bag off the ground, digging through it until I found the small capsel.

I handed it to him. He didn't struggle with the pills, he seemed used to it.

"Do you think you need to go home?"

"No, it was just random. It was the only one so far today." He smiled, hugging me.

"Good job Mayhem." I grinned, patting him on the head as he sat down next to Tyler again.

I hugged Tyler gently. Mayhem started barking again. Me and Tyler made eye contact for a moment before he threw his head back and his eyes rolled into his head. I hated seeing him like this, I lowered him enough for Mayhem to activate the censor.

"Tyler you need to go home."

"Nobody's home right now, won't be until around 1 or 2 AM."

"I'll stay with you then." I grinned pressing my face into his chest, hugging him.

We went up to the office and signed out, I lead him out to my car and opened the door for him.

"I'm gonna get my stuff from my locker, need anything?"

"My locker is 137, get my backpack and my phone. The combination is 6 18 23." He grinned, helping Mayhem into the back seat a little.

I smiled turning and walking back inside. I went upstairs and got my bag and blade from my locker, then found his and entered the code. His locker was neat and had a small picture book in one of the slots titled 'Crush Pics'. I didn't want to snoop, so I just grabbed his bag and phone and walked back to the car.

I handed him his stuff as we got into my car. After driving for a while in a comfortable silence Tyler spoke up.

"Darin. Can I tell you something?"

"You can tell me anything Ty, I would never judge you." I grinned, glancing at him.

"I know you'll probably hate me. I hate myself for it, and so does everybody else.... I'm gay."

"Tyler. Like I said I would never judge you. I'm gay too." I grinned. And soon that same comfortable silence fell across us. A small smile rested on his lips for the first time in what felt like forevter.

When we got to his house, I opened the door for Mayhem to get out, and Tyler was not far behind him.

He started twitching a little, Mayhem wasn't paying attention though.