Chapter 1

Her name was Sarah, she was 17 years old. She had deep green eyes, and fiery curly hair, with skin as pale as a white pearl. She was the nicest girl you could meet. Not one selfish thought went through her mind; she reeked of innocence and happiness. She was everyone's best friend. Now, she is dead.

Dead because of the curse, dead because of the selfish prince looking for his bride.

"Time to go to the funeral" My father said in a bored voice.

"Okay, I will be right there" I said quietly

I put on my ballet slippers and walked out of my bland room, down my lifeless hallway, and down the creaky stairs and out the black front door.

I walked carefully across the moist grass of the morning and went through the large black gates to the Shadow Garden.

The Shadow Garden is a cemetery, except not just any more cemeteries, this one was meant for the children who were murdered by the prince, and princess. This town believed that the souls of the children would come back from the dead as ghosts, and the town did not want to be haunted by the lost children. Therefore, we created a cemetery for them and them only. The garden is 100 feet long and 200 feet wide, it's surrounded by a great big stone wall that is 20 feet high, and has vines and bushes growing around the wall. In the garden, there are large weeping willows scattered across the garden, with 4 ponds spread out everywhere.

Yes, it is very beautiful, and peaceful, even if it was meant for tortured souls.

I fallowed the small dirt path from the large black gates all the way to where the funeral was being held.

Unlike most towns, we do not do the usual ritual for the disease. Instead, a song is sung, or played for the diseased, and someone will dance to the music, attempting to bring back happiness or at least peace of mind for the family. The girl who does that dance is me.

The Morticians daughter,

When I arrived to the grave, the casket was still above ground with a whole waterfall of white flowers. The grave stone read

"In loving memory of Brooke Mist

1997-2012"

Then, the preacher began to recite the poem that the family selected.

"When the light begins to fade,

And shadows fall across the sea,

One bright star in the evening sky,

Your love's light leads me on my way.

There's a dream that will not sleep,

A burning hope that will not die.

So I must go now with the wind,

And leave you waiting on the tide.

Time to fly, time to touch the sky.

One voices alone - a haunting cry.

One song, one star burning bright,

Let it carry me through darkest night.

Rain comes over the grey hills,

And on the air, a soft goodbye.

Hear the song that I sing to you,

When the time has come to fly.

When I leave and take the wing,

And find the land that fate will bring,

The brightest star in the evening sky,

(Is your love far from me?)

Is your love waiting far for me (oh) is your love waiting far from me...."

I smiled, and said out loud kindly

"That is a very lovely poem, your daughter would have loved it" I said passing a friendly smile.

Then it was the music began to play, symbolizing my cue to dance.

Different people have different descriptions of ballet dancing; I danced, with all of the movements performing them correctly that flow together with the music. The movements of mine are physically demanding, but very enjoyable. In ballet, coordination is important, because I have to use my head, arms and legs all at the same time!

As the music played, I flowed like a flower in the wind, with elegance and grace that is as rare as you could imagine. I dance with emotions, and skill, unlike other ballet dancers who just create the movements; I dance them with elegance, happiness, sadness, and all the emotions in between.

As the song came to an end I slowed down my dancing to ensure people saw the graceful movements, ballet created, and when the song came to an end I crossed my ankles, my left ankle in front my right, and stood up tall on my tip toes with perfect balance and brought my arms up above my head in a "V" and bowed.

Everyone clapped respectfully; then, the casket was lowered into the ground and buried, buried by fresh brown dirt. Once everyone left, I returned to the grave, grabbing a red rose from a rose bush. I walked over to the grave and sat on my knees looking at the grave stone.

"You will be missed Brooke" I said in a sad voice, and placed the red rose on her grave, and stood up and walked away, back to my home.