Chapter 6- No One Else (Part 1)

***PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED IT!***

CHAPTER 6- NO ONE ELSE

Ten Years Ago
La Pizzeria
Cambridge, Massachusetts

-❈-

"You do know that you are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen?" Alex Smith asked. Isobel lifted her head from the menu and smiled. All her life, people told her that she was beautiful and that she took after her mother. But they were empty compliments. They were mostly uttered so the people who said them can gain her father's favour.

But not Alex.

He said it the words with a mixture of awe and disbelief in his voice. No matter how many times he told her those words, the way he said it never changed. Every time he told her that, she melted. His words made her feel like a goddess.

"Do you always tell that to girls on the first date?" she asked.

Alex rolled his eyes. "No. Only you. I usually tell them they're beautiful when I see them naked," he added. Isobel's eyes widened and her jaw fell at Alex's audacity. He burst out laughing and reached for her hand across the table.

"Baby, my past girlfriends are beautiful in their own way. But all of them pale in comparison to you." Alex kissed the back of her hand and a shiver slid down her spine. She felt herself blush and took the time to examine her surroundings. It was a simple Italian restaurant. It was not the five-star restaurants all her previous dates took her to. This one, with its simplicity and beautiful ambience—along with her gorgeous date, it was more than perfect.

-❈-