7 righteous people whom Allah will shade on the Day of Judgement

Start from the beginning

"The doers of justice will be on thrones of light at Allah's Right Hand - and both of Allah's Hands are Right Hands" - those who were just in their Ruling, with their families and in all that over which they were given authority.

The Prophet (S.A.W.S) assigning to Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud (R.A) the open spaces in Madina between the dwellings and palm gardens of the Ansar, and when the Banu Abd Ibn Zuhrah said, "Remove from us the son of Umm Abd (Ibn Mas'ud)," replying, 'Why then did Allah send me? Allah does not bless a people among whom a weak man is not given his right.'"
(Baghawi transmitted it in Sharh as-Sunnah. Sunan at-Tirmidhi no.3003)

The concept of justice is most important for the Ruler, since he is in charge of his people and the primary disposer of justice in the land. For this reason, the Ruler is given special mention as one of the seven who will be honored with Allah's Shade.

2. A youth who grew up in the worship of Allah

The great scholar, Ayyoob as-Sakhtiyaanee (d.131H) said, "From the success of a youth is that Allah guides him to a scholar of the Sunnah."
(Hasan - Reported in Sharh Usoolis-Sunnah of al-Laalikaa'ee no.30).

Indeed, it is a great blessing from Allah for a youth to be guided towards worship and be befriended by the righteous, since it is in youth that a person is most vulnerable to the temptations of life and liable to drift away from the Islamic Path. This becomes apparent when we look at society around us and we see that most of the worldly distractions, such as music, games, clubs, fashion etc. are all specifically targeted at the young.

"You're only young once!" they are told, which is why many Muslims nowadays waste their youth thinking that they will pray, wear Hijaab and go to Hajj, etc. when they are old, as if they have a guarantee of longevity from Allah!

How well we would do to heed the Prophet (S.A.W.S)'s advice when he said: 'Take benefit of five before five: your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied and your life before your death.'
(Sahih - Narrated by Ibn Abbaas & collected in al-Haakim & others. Authenticated by Shaikh 'Alee ibn 'Abdul Hameed in Forty Hadith of the Call and the Caller).

Narrated by Abdullah ibn Mas'oud (May Allah be satisfied with him): I asked the Prophet (S.A.W.S): "Which deed is the dearest to Allah?" He replied: "To offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times." I asked: "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied: "To be good and dutiful to your parents." I again asked: "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied: "To participate in Jihad (fighting for Allah's cause)." Abdullah added: 'These were told by Allah's Messenger (SAWS) and if I had asked more, he would have told me more.' (Bukhari)

3. A man whose heart is attached to the mosques

There is great encouragement in the Sunnah for men to pray in the mosques and the reward associated with it is tremendous. Not only does it make the person eligible for Allah's Shade on the day of Judgment, but, 'he does not take a step towards the mosque except that because of it, he is raised by one rank and one sin is removed from him. Then when he prays, the Angels do not cease supplicating for him (for) as long as he remains at his place of Prayer (sayings): O Allah send blessings upon him, O Allah have mercy upon him...'
(Abu Hurairah & collected in Sahih al-Bukhari (Eng. trans.) vol. 1 p.352 no.620).

It must be emphasized here however, that all the Hadith encouraging the men to be attached to the mosques are not intended to lead one to the conclusion that Islam is a religion which should be confined to the mosques, as many people imagine. Nonetheless, the mosque should be at the heart of the Muslim community, and the role of those in authority of the mosques is vital here. They are the ones mainly responsible for making the mosque a welcome refuge for the Muslims, rather than an arena for politics and power struggles as many seem to have become these days. And we seek Allah's refuge from this! Aameen.