Meeting Again (2ps)

Start from the beginning

"These look amazing..." You smiled.

"Let me know which ones are the most popular. I didn't know which flavors everyone liked, so I just made a bunch of different ones. But I should be going now, goodbye Doctor (l/n)." He went to leave.

"Please, call me (y/n), and thank you for the cupcakes!" You smiled and waved.

"Lucky you." Your secretary commented.

"Huh?" You turned to look at her.

"If I had a guy like that, I wouldn't let him go for anything." She said.

"Oh, him? It's not, I mean-"

"Uh huh." She rolled her eyes. You frowned and took the cupcakes back to the break room. She couldn't possibly be right about that, he was just being nice... You picked up your (f/f) cupcake and took a bite, although something was off about it. Pulling back, you looked at the cupcake and gasped. There was a small piece of paper rolled up in the center. You unrolled it and read the fancy handwriting.

Dear (y/n),

I figured you'd be the (f/f) type.

Please feel free to contact me at

the number below.

~Ollie

You looked at the note in disbelief, then stuffed it into your pocket. Maybe your secretary was right, maybe you should go after him...

Francois

It had been a week since you met the grumpy Frenchman. One incredibly long, unbearably frustrating week. Work sucked, and you had to go back to your ex's place and get your stuff. Yeah, you were done with life. Maybe getting a drink would help you relax? You remembered Francois' invitation (if that's what you'd call it) from last week and decided, meh, what the hell? Why not?

You walked back to the bar you had gone to last week. As soon as you entered the door your nose wrinkled in disgust as the scent of tobacco smoke assaulted it. How did you not remember that from before? Of course, thinking back to how distraught you had been, it was amazing you remembered the correct bar even. You glanced around the room, looking for the familiar blonde, but no such luck. Oh well, you could still get a drink. You found a table in the back corner away from the rowdier customers and ordered a drink.

"You're never going to get a buzz on that, (y/n)" you heard the familiar gruff french voice. He was insulting your choice of fruity drink. Not that you really cared. You could handle the hard stuff, but that didn't mean you liked it.

"Hey Francois" you said, trying to let the excitement show in your voice. "I'm not trying to drown my sorrows, just need to unwind a bit." He simply grunted in reply. A heavy silence settled around you two. For some reason, silence always made you feel awkward.

"So, anything new with you?" you tried to start a conversation with him. He simply shook his head, your attempt to start a conversation falling flat on it's face. You weren't sure why, but it felt like there was something bothering the Frenchman. Suddenly he stood up.

"I need some air. You coming?"

"Y-yeah sure" you agreed and got up. Not sure if you'd becoming back you left some money on the table. He hurriedly left the bar and sped-walked down the street, you doing your best to keep up.

"Francois, is everything okay?" you asked. He didn't respond, not even turning around.

"Hey, hold up for a second" you said louder and grabbed his hand. He turned and glared at you. Realizing you were still holding his hand you quickly dropped it, but not before noticing something. "You're shaking. Are you okay?" He sighed.